anyone else here have raask rearsets?
Close

This is a discussion on anyone else here have raask rearsets? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; i put a set on my 750k last night (modifying the mounting points to better suit my big gut) and when i was tightening down ...

i put a set on my 750k last night (modifying the mounting points to better suit my big gut) and when i was tightening down the arm onto the brake lever it cracked in the splined area! these have never been on a bike or used, no rust or corrosion on it either. i was wondering if anyone else has had any problems with theirs? i ended up welding the crack and i'm hoping it will hold up ok.

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs
    fat people are harder to kidnap

You know, you'd think European made stuff would be better quality.
    I posted on another forum how I was going to buy a set of Raasks for my RD350, and another guy came on & said he'd done so and was VERY disapointed, that they were poorly fit and basically unusable.

I am now searching for a modern set, and I was able to buy the spline pieces only from Motocarerra, and will make a plate to adapt some to these pieces.

when i got them, i bolted em right up and i couldnt get my feet onto the pegs. the footpegs were right inline with the stockers, just 2 inches higher. i ended up using the plates that came with em i just didnt mount the top hole where they said to. instead i welded a stud (on the right side) in the "v" in the frame right over where the passenger peg mount triagle is, this moved the peg rearwards and down more so someone taller than 5'2" and over 120 pounds could use them. the left side i drilled a hole through the frame sideplate where the upper motormount bols is and ran a bolt through the frame and welded it in place for strength
    next time i'll know to just make my own.

some people are like slinkies, basically useless but they still make me smile when i push them down the stairs

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

fuzzy,

the older raask stuff was prone to cracking, supposedly the new stuff was much better but I guess not.It was the cast aluminum pieces that used to spit when you looked at them funny.

I have an old set of raasks on my h1 drag bike and just bought a new set (although haven't installed it yet)for one of my cb750s. I used the passenger peg holes to mount my rearsets and I am 6'5". Works great for me.

I used some nylon and o-rings to add some dampning to the rearsets on my h1 because the raasks were prone to vibration cracking at the foot pegs. They are cast pieces and I am not always sure they keep their molds clean when making this stuff because if they have any kind of imperfection that is where they will crack. For no use the welded one but I suggest calle omar's DTR or Raask and ordering a replacement part since the spline thing is basically the only thing you "need" when building your own rearsets (although I forget which model but some cbr stuff may fit, honda keeps the splines pretty much standard on their bikes).

If the footprgs crack, I would suggest trying to get older FZR600 rearsets and use those instead, tough as nails and they have rubber foot pads.

if you need spares, let me know. i have a box full of misc stuff. (i dont know what exactly i have but someone gave me a pile of parts at some point) i might have the part you need.

jc

"tex, if your bikes a cheater, its not a very good one"

i actually took a bent factory rear brake pedal and cut just the splined section off and welded on the right length lever. looks like it'll work out ok.

Sponsored Links