Refreshing the wing!
Close

Refreshing the wing!

This is a discussion on Refreshing the wing! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So, one night last week I tell the wife I'm going down to the garage to take the wheels off of a 1982 Gl1100 standard ...

Refreshing the wing!

So, one night last week I tell the wife I'm going down to the garage to take the wheels off of a 1982 Gl1100 standard I picked up a couple of years ago for $350. I didn't need the whole bike but with rebuilding a wing engine being cost prohibitive buying a good used engine makes a lot more sense.

This one was in good shape and except for the Mustang seat and Solex carb was original. That and that some previous idiot owner rattle canned the entire bike flat black. And I do
    mean the entire bike.

I sold the Seat and Carb set-up for $250 so I only have $100 in the deal. Not bad.

Then something dangerous happened, I started thinking.
    My 81 doesn't have a title, not required in Ga. due to the age of the bike but the 82 however does have a title.
    Why don't I swap everything off the 81 on to the 82 frame. Then I'll have a bike with a title that I can sell anywhere should I ever lose my mind again and decide to sell it.
    So now I'm in the middle of prepping the frame to repaint it

I'm thinking of having a Tshirt printed up that says "See what happens when you take the front wheel off?"

Is Georgia a transferable registration state? Switching everything over seems unnecessary if so?

Yep, no title needed. But When you've got a spare parts bike sitting around....
    My wing needs a freshening up anyway. It's time to replace the fork seals and rebuild the carburetor
    and you know one thing leads to another. I probably won't start swapping everything over until after
    the Barber Festival. But getting the frame done now will keep me motivated.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by s10hornet View Post
    Yep, no title needed. But When you've got a spare parts bike sitting around....
    I can see where getting a titled rig is a good idea.

A parts bike came up for sale locally that didn't run for $900.......86 sei. Since my trip computer didn't work and it had some good usable parts I thought it may be a good idea at $400 but at $900........... I didn't think so. I wish I did cause now my ring gear seems to be whining a bit........and all the little sensors for the fuel injection would be good to have around.

Name:  Screenshot_2017-08-12-21-10-20.png
Views: 52
Size:  4.97 MB

Sponsored Links