new member, new project 2-stroke
Close

This is a discussion on new member, new project 2-stroke within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi all, picked up a 75 Kawasaki 400 triple 2-stroke. Was bought as a kh400, but at the kawi board, they say it's an s3. ...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Hi all, picked up a 75 Kawasaki 400 triple 2-stroke. Was bought as a kh400, but at the kawi board, they say it's an s3. Either way its gonna be a cafe. Plan on making some custom expansion chamber pipes that send em under the seat and out the other side like ProTeal55s cb450. these pictures are the ones from the auction, I haven't gotten to start stripping it and cleanin it, that'll be Saturday.

Cool bike, I know a guy who has one like that (maby larger engine) with a thumb throttle from a sled on it.

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

ya, they come in 250,350,400,500, and 750 all triples. From what i have been reading over on the kawi forum, they use quite a bit of sled parts on these things, including full motors. Weird stuff.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it was the 750 he has, the thumb throttle was his own doing. A bunch of guys I used to work with called these things widow makers. One guy had the 750 and said it was stupid fast. I am sure modern 600s could probably out accelerate it but back in the day they must have been one hell of a weapon

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

When I was in college(must've been 90) me and a buddy had a 750 triple. It was a heap, massive piston slap, chambers of unknown origin. One night I took it to the local dragstrip's test and tune. There were only two bikes there a kid with a brand new ZX7 and me. I beat him to the eighth mile every time and 1000 ft. more often than not. Was easily the most fun I've ever had at a drag strip.

My first streetbike was a KH400. I took it to a local shop to have some work done and it promptly blew up. So not many stories while it was mine. I sold it to a buddy and he put a junkyard engine in it. Later on I was on it one Sunday afternoon riding around with a kid in our class that had a new VFR750. He was all cocky wanting to stoplight race. I could dust him for a block and a half/two blocks.

You'll have a lot of fun with that 400. The guys on the Kawasaki board have been super helpful to me with my 550. They've probably already told you pistons are scarce so be careful pulling it apart.

04 KDX 200
    05 KX 250f- SOLD!
    01 GSXR 750
    75 GT 550
    68 Chevelle
    Wanted: 86 FZ600 w/OEM paint

yeah, i heard pistons are hard to find. I was actually bidding on a suzi 550 before I got this one. I hope to get some expansion pipes for it and strip a lot of weight off of it. I want it to be about 350 full of fuel.

Pistons are not hard to find....they are non-existant. The supply ran out years ago and all that is left are a few unused sets in the hands of private owners. If this thing is seized in any way, throw the motor out and do the 500 or 750 conversion (not 100% a direct bolt in but it will fit with minor mods).

The 400 is easily the best handling triple.Probably easiler to ride too and in some instances quicker than the 500s.

The one thing you are about to learn a lot about is that triple parts are hella expensive. If you needed to know which jap bike are like working on brit bikes cost wise, it would be kawi triples.

If you've got a triple, you're gonna want to get in touch with Purple Haze Racing in Lakewood, CO. Ron Reichert is the owner, a true enthusist and one hell of a nice guy! Ron really belives in customer service. When I had my H-2 I had many dealings with him and was always treated first rate. Check 'em out: www.purplehazeracing.com
    This was my '74 H-2. I sold it a couple of years ago.

If you've got a triple, you're gonna want to get in touch with Purple Haze Racing in Lakewood, CO. Ron Reichert is the owner, a true enthusist and one hell of a nice guy! Ron really belives in customer service. When I had my H-2 I had many dealings with him and was always treated first rate. Check 'em out: www.purplehazeracing.com
    This was my '74 H-2. I sold it a couple of years ago.

Ron passed away a few years ago. Laurie runs the business now and does an excellent job.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links