Id like a fairing. Updated: got it, now mounting?
Close

This is a discussion on Id like a fairing. Updated: got it, now mounting? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; like this but to fit this anyone know of anyone making re-pops that would fit? Edited by - xcaptainxbloodx on May 29 2007 12:05:20 PM...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

like this

but to fit this

anyone know of anyone making re-pops that would fit?

Edited by - xcaptainxbloodx on May 29 2007 12:05:20 PM

that is a "yellow sub" fairing (norton production). Check with Bret at glass from the past. Otherwise the ducati SS fairings are very similar.

that is a "yellow sub" fairing (norton production). Check with Bret at glass from the past. Otherwise the ducati SS fairings are very similar.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

thanks! glass from the past has few different ones of that style, im sure one will fit. at 300-400$ ill have to save my pennies for awile...

thanks! glass from the past has few different ones of that style, im sure one will fit. at 300-400$ ill have to save my pennies for awile...

Bret is a cool guy and a board member here. E-mail him and see if he has any ideas for your bike.

Airtech also has fairings that may be a little cheaper but the quality is definatly not as good.

Bret is a cool guy and a board member here. E-mail him and see if he has any ideas for your bike.

Airtech also has fairings that may be a little cheaper but the quality is definatly not as good.

brets come with windscreen airtechs dont all fairings will fit with some tweaking its a matter of looks and fit really.fairings bring the bling....to cafe....

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

yeah I really like the look of the glass from the past ones, when I was looking for an image to accuratly represent what fairing I wanted I saw a whole bunch of bikes (dont know where, I cant find a single one now) with a similar fairing that was obviously fitted for a different bike then it was intended, forcing it to be either mounted to low or to forward, generally just "off" so that it wasent flowing with the bike.

not saying that you cant modify it to fit a different bike and have it fit perfect, just saying that it definetly needs to be close. when I scrape some cash together ill send bret an e-mail asking what he thinks.

if you look close there are street fairings which are higher in general because it assumes you are using standard bars ..yuck!
    The racing ones are assuming your using clip ons and are lower,clubmans can slip in the same mode as the clip ons so that where you get that ackward look by using the so called street version instead of the lower truer race version.

I have seen many a race version adapted to other makes with no problem.Just some are wider for "fours" and others narrower for twins.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links