2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic - Page 3
Close

2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

This is a discussion on 2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; It looks like it uses a spring... You can see the tensioner is being held down with a zip tie On second thought, I think ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2009 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

It looks like it uses a spring... You can see the tensioner is being held down with a zip tie

On second thought, I think I'm wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    It looks like it uses a spring... You can see the tensioner is being held down with a zip tie

On second thought, I think I'm wrong
    yeah a spring loaded unit wont do in this app
    they dont mind the extra chain it allows that gentle large slider shoe to fit and bonus is more wrap on both sprockets
    there is a lot of engineeri/....... oops trial and error involved there 80k miles is fantastic
    and that ring gear is fine

Quote Originally Posted by XB33BSA View Post
    yeah a spring loaded unit wont do in this app
    they dont mind the extra chain it allows that gentle large slider shoe to fit and bonus is more wrap on both sprockets
    there is a lot of engineeri/....... oops trial and error involved there 80k miles is fantastic
    and that ring gear is fine
    Everytime I go to the dealer for something...and just browsing the new bikes....the talk is always trade it in. 60K may be the time...then 70...80....this is when things start to happen they always say. But 30K for a new bike is a lot of $$

Spring pushes the slider forward/up...then the teeth don't allow it to go back anymore.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    Everytime I go to the dealer for something...and just browsing the new bikes....the talk is always trade it in. 60K may be the time...then 70...80....this is when things start to happen they always say. But 30K for a new bike is a lot of $$

Spring pushes the slider forward/up...then the teeth don't allow it to go back anymore.
    30k ?chump change for the average HD biker ,eh?
    obviously you know how to care for a machine properly
    i feel that ever since we had the 25cent do it yourself carwarsh,which has advanced to lots of fOlks with their own hydraulic mining spec warsher
    they figured out long ago some good wax and the hipoe car warsh, that every ride and towel her down then when they are out witrh the road captains the machine shines like a ,58 cadlac in a shriners parade ,RIGHT?
    well mostly the bike is aged faster
    i dunno dont drown swim for it ,save 25k and make the bike better upgrade the suspension and find some light wheels
    those stock harly wheels are so heavy it aint fiunny ,right?
    get rid of the handlebar grips that feel like as big around like 40oz schlitz iche beer can ,right ?
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 03-20-2019 at 01:26 AM.

[
    Spring pushes the slider forward/up...then the teeth don't allow it to go back anymore.[QUOTE]
    and the teeth prevent too little slack because each inkerval tighter requiresthe unit rise vup over its mating teeth
    what kind of lube ?atf?

Stopped by Deus Ex Machina today for a latte.....living the hipster life style. There was a real cool shirt there.....kinda like an old board track style racing Jersey I wanted to buy but didn't have my size. Save $140 on that but paid $37 for a truckers hat. I know I overpaid but I'm an HD owner....so I'm use to overpaying for things.

Nice ride today. 84K on the clock and not a drip or a hiccup.

Name:  IMG_20190428_133453.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  1.32 MB

We've had many..many good days and rides with this old girl but today was not so so good. The fuel pump went out on it. It gave me a couple of hints it was about to go to fuel pump heaven but I figured I would ride it as long as I could so it would be easier to diagnose. I belong to the Harley Owners Group so towing was free. At 93900 miles I wasn't shocked and to be quite honest we made the best of the situation while waiting for the tow truck....... in that we put our hats on and had cigars in the center median waiting for the rescue. It was a wide median and all safe.

Not to make lite the bravery of hero's of the past but it was like a Iwo Jima moment getting it up onto the flatbed. I know there are towing companies specializing in towing big touring machines but this is what HOG roadside assistance sent us so we made it work. The plan is to get a new fuel pump installed and keep on keeping on. It runs great with no leaks (now) and no funny noises and aside from this time...as reliable as ever. I am 60%-70% sure my next new addition will be the latest generation Goldwing. Not because HD is junk but because HD new anything is horribly overpriced.......with dealer markups on all models.

Name:  received_347911196164370.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  1,011.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1130.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  3.34 MB

Name:  IMG_1124.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  3.28 MB

HARLEY RESCUE LIST

Qne tilt and load
    One man mountain
    Two stout anchors
    Guy to pull brake

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    HARLEY RESCUE LIST

Qne tilt and load
    One man mountain
    Two stout anchors
    Guy to pull brake
    A nice fold out stool would be nice.

That day he said he picked up another HD, a Ducati and I think he mentioned a Grom as well.......along with a car or 2 I'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    A nice fold out stool would be nice.

That day he said he picked up another HD, a Ducati and I think he mentioned a Grom as well.......along with a car or 2 I'm guessing
    The guy at the back of the bike almost looks big enough to carry it onto the truck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links