How About Those Patriots - Page 2
Close

How About Those Patriots

This is a discussion on How About Those Patriots within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Tanshanomi I don't know if you follow American Football at all, but it is truly a magnificent game (if you can ignore ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    I don't know if you follow American Football at all, but it is truly a magnificent game (if you can ignore the fact that, long-term, it makes players insane). One of the most fascinating aspects is clock management: the multitude of ways teams can stop the play clock or, conversely, try to use up time and prevent the other team from stopping the clock. It's an aspect of strategy missing from most other sports.
    I can't say that I have any real interest in any sports, other than "Soccer".
    Don't get to see many games in the flesh now, so have to make do with Sky Sports. It's probably fair to say that when watching Spurs I get a bit vocal, which scares the hell out of our dog.
    Last edited by steveo; 01-22-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Fuck The Pats. Right in the doo doo hole.

This really has been a season for the surprise endings. The Steelers/jaguars game and the vikings/saints game both had me yelling at the TV.

I missed the Pats game yesterday because I literally had anything else better to do, but the Eagles/vikings game was a disappointment. I was hoping for a rally in the 3rd by the vikings but it never materialized. The eagles just led minn around like a gimp on a leash.
    Blasphemy!

Ever since the....at best luke warm Chargers fucked me in the doo doo hole twice and relocated to that shithole LA I've found myself rooting for the Patriots. They are the dominating team of our time. Every sport and franchise has one at one time and this one and their left for dead last round pick quarterback is it.

The Vikings were beat before they set one foot on the field by the eagles own left for dead quarterback..... Nick Foles. You knew he was going to be more hungry...and on game .....and more ferocious than Braveheart. Vikings had no chance in that game

I like American football but don't like the way the franchise system works.

Got to feel for the Jags but Brady is just to good. as for the Vikings I think Keenum just got a bit overawed with the occasion.

Can't see the Eagles getting the better of Brady and the Pat's, which is a shame as a constant top team is no good for any sport or league.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Go Pats!!

Name:  20180204_151604.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  2.12 MB

Stayed up to watch this, now sat in car about to go to work, currently 05:52.......bit tired.

What a game! Well done, Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyshep View Post
    Stayed up to watch this, now sat in car about to go to work, currently 05:52.......bit tired.

What a game! Well done, Philly.
    Anyone who could get up and go to bed during that game was either exhausted or doesn't understand the sport. The rookie battling the old wizard, down to the last play, in one of the great offensive games ever. Great Stuff. And for me it was really satisfying watching Philly apply enough pressure that Brady never got to take control of the rhythm of the game, yet right to the last throw it still could have been the Pats game, you can never count Brady out.

Just to clarify, I was in bed watching, it didn't finish till gone 3am where I am, alarm went off at 5am so had about an hours sleep before work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links