axl rose..says "where do we go..where do we go now
Close

This is a discussion on axl rose..says "where do we go..where do we go now within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so you have the cafe bike do you get the helmet and goggles too as a hoot or do you just look silly.I see carpy ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

so you have the cafe bike do you get the helmet and goggles too as a hoot or do you just look silly.I see carpy uses the old school helmet and googles I dont see any cafers on the roads.Im just wondering do many use them I cannt see Geeto using them but maybe a few other extroverts here do the dress up ....just curious.

the movie of late where those yuppys wear them may have dampened my spirit for them .But its a get up the bike the helmet and the space alien fiftys googles...or world war 2 style googles.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

When my bike is done, I am totally wearing the old school helmet and goggles... hell I may even wear a scarf too.

I think it goes back to a toy motorcycle (cafe)racer I had as a kid, I want to look like that guy.

It's like those helmets the Harley guys wear - they look cool and all, but I just can't help thinking about sliding on asphalt at 70 on my face wearing one...

My own project:
    https://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

My brother has a Davida pudding bowl that is pretty funny for goofing around but as someone who has had his fair share of crashes, nothing beats a quality full face helmet. My personal choice is an Arai Quantum F Haga replica the older model.
    pete

I just picked up an Arai Vector Phill Reed replica!
    I also have one of the old style pudding bowls that'll be painted up to match....may possibly be used around town but I too like a bit of protection for real riding.

Lead, follow or get out of the way!

i have the davida jet. it looks great, sitting on the bookcase in my living room. i use it very rarely as it requires goggles, or glasses. i prefer a good fullface helmet myself. like has been said, a good faceplant, and you'll wish you had the fullface. however, i will say, it is fun to occasionally bomb around town with the davida. our friend tom t uses his davida puddin bowl about 90% of the time. but theres something wrong with him.

jc

if i could get one of those helmets that carpy uses in my size i'd wear one in a heartbeat, as for the goggles? yes to those too if i can find some cool ones that go over my glasses. i wear a size xxxl helmet........at least. size 8 1/2 hat. i have a full face i got to wear when the temp goes below 45 but thats the only time that damn thing gets worn, i'm too clausterphobic for one.

Edited by - fuzzybutt on Jun 21 2007 12:44:47 AM

Those helmets/goggles are neat, but I personally would feel like a doofus wearing that getup while riding my lil' CB350. I wear a full face helmet. All the local Harley guys (seems like nothing but Harleys around here) wear wife beaters and half helmets, sure looks cool until they hit the pavement...

Ron Bullard
    [email protected]

http://springvinmoto.com/gallery/vie...umName=pdx_ron

Usually my riding gear is a set of RAF repro glass goggles (with shatterproof glass) and an "old timer" styled half helmet. My other helmet, which is too hot to wear in the summer, is a Davida Jet (3/4 helmet) Mike Hailwood replica with american avaitor goggles. I used to have a nose art jacket that ("sack time" nose art on a B-24 south pacific theater style black leather) fit in my highschool days but alas it no longer does. I do wear scarfs with this getup in the winter since it hurts to turn your head in the cold. I do have full face helmets too but I find that I don't use them as often as I used to.

When I lived in new orleans, we used to have a vietnam era crash helmet from an F-4 phantom. One of the guys in the shop wired it so the intercom worked with a headphone jack so you could use your mp3 player or cellphone (the mike actually worked) but it was cool enough just to ride around with. When I got to new york I looked up what they cost in a surplus store and bugged out at the price (most wanted $250-$350). It was too much to spend for what is essentially a novelty helmet (no real crash protection - I found out later that pilots wore them so that any loose stuff in the cockpit would not hit them in the head while they were in combat, nobody was expecting they would protect your melon in a crash).

this is standard putz around town riding ware for me (sans tires of course). This pic was taken in december of 06:

BTW - Those davida pudding bowl helmets are cork lined and really are for show and not good for a wreck. Nevermind all the implications of an unprotected face, if you are in a wreck with one where the blunt force will fracture your skull, the cork will reverberate and instead of causing a localized fracture will basically cause a roadmap of tiny fractures all around your skull. This is one of the reasons cork lined helmets pretty much died out as soon as styrafoam became available. the Davida jet however is foam lined and DOT legal.

Edited by - geeto67 on Jun 21 2007 09:16:49 AM

they should change your name to bibendum!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links