Pictures from the last 2 car shows
Close

This is a discussion on Pictures from the last 2 car shows within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Heres photos from the last 2 car shows I've been at. I need a new camera though, this thing is 2 years old and its ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heres photos from the last 2 car shows I've been at. I need a new camera though, this thing is 2 years old and its starting to show its age, I need something with 8 or 9 mega pixels, adjustable focus, optical zoom, night shot, and macro shot (or action shots on some brands) Anyways here they are.

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...%20Grill%2057/

http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n...show%20Angier/

22/m
    1980 Honda CB750
    1972 Oldsmobile 442
    26/m
    no bike anymore
    1972 Oldsmobile 442
    1984 GMC Sierra

sometimes, i really miss my 70 gt fastback.

the red rs with the redlines is pretty sweet looking.

jc

JB
    shiny paint on old cars sucks..... but then again, most of these cars aren't even old.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

jb,

you have no soul. there is no greater joy than pulling off the cover on my 1977 camaro, seeing the paint shine, turning the key to hear the four barrells come alive, and going for a ride.

i completely disagree......to each their own!

-shiny car tex

quote:
    sometimes, i really miss my 70 gt fastback.

the red rs with the redlines is pretty sweet looking.

jc

A friend of mine and I peeled the front end of a 68 torino fastback back to the firewall hitting a moose on the way out west. We were unhurt but that poor little torino never stood a chance...neither did the moose (we hit that sucker at a soild 45mph no brakes). Now when ever I see a torino I faintyl smell shit, burnt fur and coolant. Too bad cause I liked those cars before.

Car shows suck, there are no young people hanging out at them anymore with cool cars...mostly old fogies have the cool muscle cars. My neighbor paid $25,000 for a 1970 blazer CST, and all I could think about was how we used to buy those trucks for $500 in highschool, beat the piss out of them, and leave them for dead when we rolled them. Some of them were nicer than his restored truck (and his truck is nice). A buddy of mine and I once put together a junkyard 1971 malibu for less than $1000 as a low budget gutted street racer in 1993. We abandoned that car (we never registered it) on the streets in whitestone when a ball joint came loose on the a-arm and she slid into a couple of parking meters. Now a '71 malibu body in worse shape than what we had goes for $5000. I hate the car hobby.

It was always cooler to see those cars in their element, like crusing francis lewis blvd or racing in hunts point. God I miss the Late 80's and Early 90's.

I'm 23, I consider myself young. I got lucky though I bought my car 5 years ago before the muscle car boom. Luckly the musclecar boom is starting to fade. I know alot of young guys into cars. I've seen a couple, most of them are like me though, their cars are far from perfect so they don't bring them out, the difference I still bring mine out and I never hear anything bad about my car. Most people think if you take a car that isn't perfect people will make fun of you which is sad but it is quiet the oppisite once you get out there. Look around at the rat rod and rock-a-billy shows, lot of young people into old cars too

22/m
    1980 Honda CB750
    1972 Oldsmobile 442

i ws a kid when i bought my fast back. i paid 350 bucks for it. it was a georgia car. no rust. none. the guy drove it to baltimore with a glass [ack welded to one header, and the other open. with no front brakes installed. it had a 390 with a shift kit and posi rear.

i loved that car. it was white with 351 rocker panels.

too cool.

jc

My GTO is a wreck and I drive it everywhere. nobody ever hassles me about it, even the cops.

I hate, hate, hate the fact that musclecars have become "investments". I hate the fact that most of the nicest examples are in the hands of old men that drive them like old women. I hate the fact that for the most part the import kids are the real hot rodders today.

My brother had a really straight Texas 69 Chevelle shell. I always thought I'd do something with it someday. He sold it about three years ago. About a year ago I see it at a show and it's sweet. I'm walking around it thinking how lame I am for neglecting mine when I know how far that car's come in two years. The next week I ask my bro if he's seen it and comment on how fast it got built. He says the way it got done so fast, so nice was that the guy he sold it to refinanced his house and everything he had for the cash to build that car. Now when I see the car I don't see a 69 Chevelle I see a guy with really fucked up credit and a stupid car. I hate the car hobby, too.

04 KDX 200
    01 GSXR 750
    87 FZ 600 basket case
    75 GT 550
    68 Chevelle- trade for front motor digger

bikes are the same way. you just dont see it yet.

jc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links