CAR SHOWS!
Close

CAR SHOWS!

This is a discussion on CAR SHOWS! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Does anyone have any info on any car shows comin' up in the NYC area? And more importantly is anyone into raiding any of them ...

Thread: CAR SHOWS!

CAR SHOWS!

Does anyone have any info on any car shows comin' up in the NYC area? And more importantly is anyone into raiding any of them with a gang of Cafe's? HEH HEH...

Banned From The Pubs..
    '73 CB350(RIP)
    '74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

every friday on long island is a huge one out in bellmore. A few other places have cruise nights as well. The next one I know of in the city itself is the rumblers thing at the end of august under the BQE (by union pool). Expect a few of us there.

edit: I forgot that special interest auto also lists events in the back (if you can find the paper), and online:

http://www.specialinterest.com/

also you may want to sign up for the vin moto list and ask they guys there, lots of us are 4 wheel motorheads in addition to 2 wheels.

Edited by - geeto67 on Jul 18 2007 11:04:02 AM

I feel like a social director:

July 18, Brooklyn. Cruise Night At Clementes Clamhouse, 3939 Emmons Avenue, Off Knapp Street Exit Of Belt Parkway, Every Wednesday, Discounts On Food And Drink, Sponsored By Clementes And Tri-Five Classic Auto Club, Call Nick (917) 406-0611

July 22, Syosset. 2nd Annual Syosset Ford Thunderbird/Ford Show, Syosset Ford, 240 Jericho Turnpike, 9AM-3PM, Rain Or Shine, All Years Of Thunderbirds And Fords, Participant Judging, 1st, 2nd And 3rd Place Trophies In Each Category, Best Of Show And Dealer Choice Awards, Pre-Registration $15, Day Of Show $20, Includes Commemorative T-Shirt And Goodie Bag For 1st 100 Registered Participants, Portion Of Proceeds To Go To The Childrens Tumor Foundation, Sponsored By Long Island Thunderbirds/Thunderbird Owners Of New York, Info: Elliott Weiner, 87 Ruth Street, Smithtown, NY, 11787, (631) 724-3756, [email protected], Dennis Benfante (631) 447-3847

August 1, Queens. East Coast Car Assn Toys For Tots Meeting For The Club Is The 1st Wednesday Of The Month At 7:30PM In Belmont Steaks Restaurant, 79-11 Myrtle Avenue, Glendale, Info: Bob (917) 385-2322

August 4-5, Elmont. Long Island Cars Summer Belmont Car Show And Swap Meet, Rain Or Shine, 8AM-5PM, Belmont Racetrack, Over 500 Custom And Collectible Cars From Vintage To Exotic, Vendors Selling Automobile Parts, Accessories And Literature, Cars For Sale Plus Live Entertainment, Acres Of Street Rods, Exotics, Muscle Cars, Customs, Antiques, Imports And Classic Of The 50s, 60s And 70s Will Receive a Commemmorative Photo Plaque On Saturday, Compete In Over 50 Classes, With Large, Impressive Trophies On Sunday, If Its A Specialty Or Older Car Parts You Have Been Searching For The Hundreds Of Vendors Available Are Bound To Have It, Check Out The Car Corral Where Private Owners Will Be Selling Their Used Cars, All Years, All Makes And Priced To Sell, Whether You Plan To Enter The Competition, Shop For Parts Or Just View These Show Stoppers, Don't Miss This Spectacular 2 Day Car Show, Belmont Racetrack Is On Hempstead Turnpoke In Elmont, Off Exit 26B Of The Cross Island Parkway, Enter Through Gate 3, Admission Is $8, Children Under 12 Years Are Free, Display Or Sell Your Show Car With Admission, Vendors And Judged Show Cars Can Register At Gate Between 7-10AM Each Morning Of Show, (631) 567-5898

August 11, Bellmore. Mopar Night, Bellmore Railroad Parking Lot, 6:30-9:30PM, Free Ice Cream For Members, All Mopars Welcome, Hemi, Supercharged, Pro Street, Viper, Prowler And Superbird Cars, No Rain Date, Free Admission, (516) 694-3089, www.moparpowerclub.com

August 11, Manhattan. 2nd Annual Summer BBQ, Manhattan Boat Club, Dyckman Street And 10th Avenue On The Harlem River, 2-9PM, Food And Beverages, Raffles, DJ, Everyone Is Welcome - Attitudes Are Not, $15 Donation Per Person, Sponsored By Nam Knights Of America M/C, Tri-Boro Chapter, Info: Joe T (917) 440-2468, [email protected], Brooklyn And Staten Island; Phil (718) 830-0733, [email protected], Bronx And Manhattan; Tommy (917) 577-0292, [email protected], Queens And Long Island, 234 Skillman Avenue, Brooklyn, NY, 11211-1615, namknightstri-borochapter.com

August 12, Brooklyn. Summer Classics Car Show At The Hudson Valley Yacht Club, 2101 Bergen Avenue, At The Foot Of Avenue U, Open To All Makes And Models, Door Prizes, Raffles, Indoor Lounge, Food, Music And More, Over 30 Judged Classes With Trophies, Specialty And Best Of Show Categories, Entry Fee $25 For Judged Car, Donation $5 For Spectators Per Car Load, Vendor Spaces Available, Rain Date August 19th, Don't Miss This Spectacular Event For The Benefit Of The National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Show Hours 8AM-4PM, Info: (718) 845-3339, [email protected], http://www.geocities.com/crossbaycruisers

August 19, Fresh Meadow. Big Apple Region CHVA 28th Annual Car Show, Cunningham Park, 9AM-4PM, Rain Date August 26th, Dash Plaques To First 100 Show Cars, Peers Choice Awards, 2 Plaques Per Class, Pre-Registration By August 12th $15, Day Of Show $20, L-Semi Modified 1970 To Present, M-Modified 1940 To 1969, N-Modified 1970 To Present, Awards For Best In Show Pre War And Post War, 1929 And Older Free If Pre-Registered, Info: Bob (917) 385-2322

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

thx for the great info on shows comin up,I appreciate it dude..1

Banned From The Pubs..
    '73 CB350(RIP)
    '74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

The town I live in had it's annual cruise night tonight. They block off downtown in the afternoon to show the cars. You see alot of the same cars over and over, but there's a new one every year that sticks out. This year it was a 42,000 mile 64 Dodge 426 Max Wedge, cross-ram dual quad, push-button Torgueflite, had the original Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge sticker in the rear window, totally bad ass. Much cooler than the 69 Camaro Yenko CLONE for sale for the low, low price of 35g.

I rode the 550 to the carwash to get my van. Sitting in my parking lot is a blown, tubbed Ranchero, a tubbed 65 Chevelle, and a couple Darts. As I'm putting the bike away I hear the car guys talking about how wicked it was back in the day. Of course it's dark out and they think it's a Kawasaki, but still made me feel good somehow.

04 KDX 200
    01 GSXR 750
    87 FZ 600 basket case
    75 GT 550
    68 Chevelle- trade for front motor digger

Bellmore is the biggest cruise night closest to NYC. Used to get about 2000 cars and was in car craft a couple of years back. Totally free and a good time. They shut it down for a couple of years because out front of the train station is a light that opens for 1/8 mile on a 4 lane boulevard and guys were using that light as a dragstrip christmas tree when leaving the train station. Now it is back.

A little further out is bald hill which is in a state park and costs $2 to get in but at its peak hits 5000 cars.

Also there is a sunday morning show at captree state park by jones beach that goes from 8:00 in the morning to around noon. I brough my cb750 there once and there was a crowd around it and Rosko's beemer because most of the bikes there were new crotch rockets, beemers, or hd's. The oldtimers loved those bikes.

If anybody in NY wants to go to any of these I am game to ride out there with them.

Sponsored Links