Harley Davidson Pan America - Page 4
Close

Harley Davidson Pan America

This is a discussion on Harley Davidson Pan America within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by 8ball Except that they plan on offering Livewires for sale in 2019..... Sure they are, I already sat on one and twisted ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Harley Davidson Pan America

Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    Except that they plan on offering Livewires for sale in 2019.....

Sure they are, I already sat on one and twisted the throttle thingy :| lots of us have,
    the front wheel was bolted to the floor and I was giving it a very close look over to see if I could free it
    pretty sure i shook hands and chatted with the guy who actually created it and he sure looked more like a Swiss down hill skier then a harley guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    I want HD to succeed, I just really really hate the culture they sell.
    I guess now that I'm in the culture I don't really see it as a culture.......at least not locally anyways. It's just a different style/type/way of riding and all the vests, patches, etc are just the dress of the day. Like full one piece Dainese race leathers and boots, pucks, etc...while riding through Santa Monica to the Ortegas. Or the adventure suit, boots, etc when the ADV
    guys are just going to Cooks Corner for the day. It's all part of the genre and it's all fun.

I'll tell you one thing...you all know when I got my Ultra Classic. It had 47000 miles on it and now I have 65000 miles. These HD guys are some riding mutha fuckas and ride more than any other group i know. These for me are weekend miles...300-400 mile Saturdays....then the relaxing 100-200 mile sunday. Our group has nice rides. I've never been to a poker run as they don't appeal to me but the all day rides are fun.

You mean, like the way they already did?
    Attachment 94583
    wasn't this a direct copy of Germany wartime BMW that was captured during WW2?

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

no I think it's a V-twin harley engine is just 2 lop-sided cylinders off of a German aircraft radial engine.

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    I guess now that I'm in the culture I don't really see it as a culture.......at least not locally anyways. It's just a different style/type/way of riding and all the vests, patches, etc are just the dress of the day. Like full one piece Dainese race leathers and boots, pucks, etc...while riding through Santa Monica to the Ortegas. Or the adventure suit, boots, etc when the ADV
    guys are just going to Cooks Corner for the day. It's all part of the genre and it's all fun.

I'll tell you one thing...you all know when I got my Ultra Classic. It had 47000 miles on it and now I have 65000 miles. These HD guys are some riding mutha fuckas and ride more than any other group i know. These for me are weekend miles...300-400 mile Saturdays....then the relaxing 100-200 mile sunday. Our group has nice rides. I've never been to a poker run as they don't appeal to me but the all day rides are fun.
    Riding that far just for the hell of it isn't really my bag, I'm from Rhode Island so anything further than 30 minutes is generally a day trip. 90% of my riding is commuting and running errands. Depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by knappyfeet View Post
    wasn't this a direct copy of Germany wartime BMW that was captured during WW2?
    Don't know about the origin, but they made a bunch of XA engines. There are a lot of them at the Wheels Through Time museum that ended up in micro cars, midget racers, airplanes, and probably even wood splitters.
    Last edited by 8ball; 08-08-2018 at 07:46 AM.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Don't know about the origin, but they made a bunch of XA engines. There are a lot of them at the Wheels Through Time museum that ended up in micro cars, midget racers, airplanes, and probably even wood splitters.
    Von Dutch had an HD XA that he put a VW into:

Name:  xavw5.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  1.07 MB

the original XA was based on a captured R71 bmw (used from 1938-41). The reason for the project is that the Army was having chain problems with the WLA flathead harleys in the field and wanted a shaft drive to reduce the maintenance and breakdowns. The ordered 1000 of them, and while only 12 survive as complete bikes, there are a lot of parts and frames and stuff still out there, there are always parts for them on ebay.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Is that a CB450 Black Bomber tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Von Dutch had an HD XA that he put a VW into:

Name:  xavw5.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  1.07 MB

the original XA was based on a captured R71 bmw (used from 1938-41). The reason for the project is that the Army was having chain problems with the WLA flathead harleys in the field and wanted a shaft drive to reduce the maintenance and breakdowns. The ordered 1000 of them, and while only 12 survive as complete bikes, there are a lot of parts and frames and stuff still out there, there are always parts for them on ebay.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links