Kawa W800
Close

Kawa W800

This is a discussion on Kawa W800 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; so kawasaki is bringing out the W800 https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...at-eicma-2018/ $9k... is it worth it? That puts it in competition with the thruxton/bonneville and V7...

Thread: Kawa W800

Kawa W800

so kawasaki is bringing out the W800

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...at-eicma-2018/

$9k... is it worth it? That puts it in competition with the thruxton/bonneville and V7
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    so kawasaki is bringing out the W800

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/2...at-eicma-2018/

$9k... is it worth it? That puts it in competition with the thruxton/bonneville and V7
    Seems to me if they priced that thing at $6-7000 they would sell a lot more...

$6 - 7k would be nice, but $9k is right where the price point is on that class right now. Cheaper than the CB1100EX or the CB1000R, which come in at $13k. The Yamaha SCR950 is $8600.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

i like it on the information available except that it looks to have awfully short suspension travel. the rear shocks are units with sickenelly short travel
    but this could be a trick to lure the vastly ignorant public who are so queer for motorcycles that sit "low and mean" lol
    it could be that they have done this strictly for the pre release marketing images because just over 3'' of actual rear wheel travel will dicktate an overly firm ride a really shitty ride
    but srsly at that price point it should come with full on decarbon desigh piggyback twin clicker fully rebuildable rear shocks yeilding 5'' of wheel travel
    they should make a deal with WHITE POWER oh excuse me wp for shocks but sadly ktm woont like that but hell kyb can do it

the things i do like are the lightweight wheel assemblies alloy rims with straight pull light gauge spokes and minimal hub mass as well as minimised unsprung weight as evedenced by a close look at the beautifully crafted rear caliper hanger and small mass rear caliper
    the frame looks well designed notice the swinger pivot area bracing and the formed backbone beam is nicely done
    it is going to need suspension upgrading to be worth a shit if a rider weants to carve corners at more than a frightened girl's pace
    how much does it weigh ?surely less than the extremely overweight pig of a bike that the triumph twin is
    Last edited by XB33BSA; 11-06-2018 at 01:23 PM.

a better question is...is there room in the marketplace for it? They discontinued the w800 in 2016 because of sales and the bonnie and v7 guzzi were strong sellers then. now in this depressed motorskiggle market that has the RE twin coming out as well and another retro kawasaki in the z900 - are there buyers for this bike?

personally, I have always loved the original w650 they brought out in the US ever since I rode a demo green and creme one in 2001. I would love to see it here in the US again, but I would hate for kawi to get burned on it like honda did on the cb1100 and yamaha on the scr950
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

With you there. And for the money, I'll hardly think twice before plunking an extra couple thou on the Z900rs over the W800.

At first glance the side view looks very Triumphish. Which is not a bad thing but I'm sure Kawasaki would prefer you to think of them. I like the shape but I really hate the color and I hate the black wheels even more.
    Don\'t cry because its over. Smile because it happened

Sponsored Links