Bar end mirrors
Close

Bar end mirrors

This is a discussion on Bar end mirrors within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Can anyone recommend some bar end mirrors that actually function and don't break the bank?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bar end mirrors

Bar end mirrors

Can anyone recommend some bar end mirrors that actually function and don't break the bank?
    "Non urinat in ventum"

I've used these for years:
    https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Fo...a_aw_oh_bia_dp

Really good for the price. I did cover the part that gets inserted into the bars with heatshrink wrap to provide extra grip. It keeps them from falling out on the road
    Cyorg likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

I bought a cheap ebay mirror a few years back, the fittings were absolute crap. I've also tried Halcyon which worked very well, but are 4 times the price.
    Get what you pay for I guess.
    Classic Motorcycle Products and Halcyon Accessories
    Cyorg likes this.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Thanks gents. I had looked at a couple of Halcyon, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend that kind of money on a Sunday driver that is already consuming my toy fund.......however with my bio degrading spine, good mirrors are necessary. Thanks for the link Steve, I didn't know there was that much of a selection. I had some in the distant past, but back then mirrors were only installed to give the local constabulary one less reason to pull you over.
    I see Halcyon sells the fittings separately.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Quote Originally Posted by CaTacL1sm View Post
    I've used these for years:
    https://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Fo...a_aw_oh_bia_dp

Really good for the price. I did cover the part that gets inserted into the bars with heatshrink wrap to provide extra grip. It keeps them from falling out on the road
    I read that somewhere about the fittings, but looking at them in the photo, you would think they would expand enough to stay tight. I have a drawer full of shim stock anyway.
    How well can you see out of them? Vibration?
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Ken Sean mirrors. rubber mounted, excellent price, good quality mirror. I put them on nearly everything. I used to get a set of 2 for like $26 from Iron Pony but they stopped carrying them for some reason.

Saw this recently while shopping and thought it such a good price I might pick up a set:
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/k...SABEgILY_D_BwE
    Cyorg likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Cyorg View Post
    I read that somewhere about the fittings, but looking at them in the photo, you would think they would expand enough to stay tight. I have a drawer full of shim stock anyway.
    How well can you see out of them? Vibration?
    There's no vibration in the mirrors, they're great.

I've lost two in the past 5 years of using them, they expand to fit tight, but over time the bikes vibrations can loosen them.

Using the heatshrink tubing (in its natural form, not heated) serves as both shim, vibration reducer, and greatly increases the coefficient of friction

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Ken Sean mirrors. rubber mounted, excellent price, good quality mirror. I put them on nearly everything. I used to get a set of 2 for like $26 from Iron Pony but they stopped carrying them for some reason.

Saw this recently while shopping and thought it such a good price I might pick up a set:
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/k...SABEgILY_D_BwE
    Oh those look great, good price too
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

There's no vibration in the mirrors, they're great.

I've lost two in the past 5 years of using them, they expand to fit tight, but over time the bikes vibrations can loosen them.

Using the heatshrink tubing (in its natural form, not heated) serves as both shim, vibration reducer, and greatly increases the coefficient of friction

- - - Updated - - -
    It's funny, I actually bought a pair of those because they were on sale at Iron Pony and I scored them for like $19 a pair. I have been using them on the BMW and have pretty much come to the same conclusion. The left one has loosened up on me twice now in 5 months. I had a similar mirror on a bike I bought years ago and always hated that CRG style because that mirror I couldn't see anything. I was surprised with the bikemaster that I could actually see things in them, although in my normal rising position my elbows block my view of them (my fault as I have them on the lowest setting). If I keep the bike I may eventually swap them out with something else, but for the moment they work well enought to not mess with.

Oh those look great, good price too
    my favorite design of the ken sean mirrors is this one:
    Name:  06400428.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  86.9 KB

but for some reason I can't find anybody carrying them at the moment. I had a set I was saving, but I ended up selling them to a friend and now I can't find another locally. I had them on my GS750, several cb750s, and a few other bikes. They were often sold in a 2 pack.

I did find walmart selling them but this is for a single mirror and not a great price:
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/920034-Ke...yABEgKxhPD_BwE

Recently, when they did the Dixie cleanout, I found a set of NOS emgo rectangle bar end mirrors from the 70's in chrome. I haven't ridden with them yet, but for the bike I have them on I just love the way they look. It's a good quality piece, surprisingly.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 11-09-2018 at 08:42 AM.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

I noticed those ones at Summit are Ken Sean. I would have thought the rubber mount would have allowed the mirrors to buzz a bit more. Price is reasonable enough that I could give them a try. If they do shake a bit a steel or alloy insert would be a simple fix.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

I have had both and the rubber mount ones shake less. The ducati's factory mirrors are rubber mounted and honestly if they were hard mounted I doubt I could see anything. I've had both rubber and hard mount on jap fours and honestly I prefer the rubber mount ones.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links