Seems a little heavy handed - Page 2
Close

Seems a little heavy handed

This is a discussion on Seems a little heavy handed within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Geeto67 he called me a snowflake and said some other things. Geeto67 and Snowflake are words I can't see associated with one ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Seems a little heavy handed

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    he called me a snowflake and said some other things.
    Geeto67 and Snowflake are words I can't see associated with one another...........and you've been called worse.

I remember about 3 years ago or so i started a Trump thread here. It had some of the normal joust....you called me a Nazi or racist or something.....some support from others...WW wasn't here but Damon (dohcbikes) was here and so was pwalo and it then turned into a fuck fest......kinda what I expected. A lot of posts from various members...then Jag informed me of the no politics/religion rule and I understood. Then Tex came in...swinging the Thor ax like he was on PCP.....called me a douche nozzle and threatened wide scale banning. It was then I understood the "unspoken rule" and followed it to a T.

But many had a good point on that thread (which was disintegrated from CR.net like it never happened) in that.......there was never a clear rule about it. And on so many forums all is fun in war.....or otherwise clearly stated in the new members section..."no politics/religion /violence" rule. I feel Tex's post should be made a sticky in the new members section for all new to read and take heed. I also feel a gentle reminder of the rules...especially to new members should be the order of the day vs banning....especially when one considers some of the wildest and craziest shit on the Internet has been posted here.

If I get banned it was nice knowing you all.

Edit.........we need new members here and their projects and stuff. Seems slow lately
    Last edited by knappyfeet; 02-06-2019 at 12:39 PM. Reason: new members need apply

How about some Sakai San on the CBX.... AKA Mr Smooth

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...ke-2.html&_rdr
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Cyorg likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Cyorg likes this.

Well, I guess the management made good and sure he stays gone. Too bad as he was really interested in participating here and even created a new user name to get back. The mods have since banned his IP address. I got a couple of PMs from him and he was disappointed at his reception and the aggressiveness of the admin in making sure he stayed banned.
    So, since Tex offered to ban anybody that stuck up for him, I guess I can be next. It really takes it when somebody claims to have been joking and the self appointed hall monitor decides he is lying about that and blasts him anyway and turns a political banner in a picture into a political statement that gets everybody's attention, to the point that the draconian overlord shows up after being a non-participant on this board for an extended period of time, to mete out "justice" I wonder if there was a political bias on some peoples part to show this guy a lesson. I don't remember the poster that pointed out the political banner in the now deleted thread, But I don't want anybody to think that I am just a keyboard ninja, so I'll put it right out there. As far as I can tell I blame the poster that pointed out the politics, Geeto and Tex for this This site is no longer the welcoming or interesting site it used to be. Just so everybody understands, this is not personal, I know both Geeto and Tex in person and consider them friends.
    I hope this post doesn't get deleted since it is anti something, but if it does, I hope somebody quotes it to save it.

I am out of here and will no longer sign in, so don't bother with a PM as I won't ever see it. I may check in periodically just on the off chance that somebody posts something interesting. If anybody wants to contact me my e-mail is in my profile and Tex and Geeto already have it. I will still be mostly at the WERA forums and I am occasionally on DTT as ex119x.

Bye,
    I think 13 years on here was a pretty good run.
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenessex View Post
    Well, I guess the management made good and sure he stays gone. Too bad as he was really interested in participating here and even created a new user name to get back. The mods have since banned his IP address. I got a couple of PMs from him and he was disappointed at his reception and the aggressiveness of the admin in making sure he stayed banned.
    So, since Tex offered to ban anybody that stuck up for him, I guess I can be next. It really takes it when somebody claims to have been joking and the self appointed hall monitor decides he is lying about that and blasts him anyway and turns a political banner in a picture into a political statement that gets everybody's attention, to the point that the draconian overlord shows up after being a non-participant on this board for an extended period of time, to mete out "justice" I wonder if there was a political bias on some peoples part to show this guy a lesson. I don't remember the poster that pointed out the political banner in the now deleted thread, But I don't want anybody to think that I am just a keyboard ninja, so I'll put it right out there. As far as I can tell I blame the poster that pointed out the politics, Geeto and Tex for this This site is no longer the welcoming or interesting site it used to be. Just so everybody understands, this is not personal, I know both Geeto and Tex in person and consider them friends.
    I hope this post doesn't get deleted since it is anti something, but if it does, I hope somebody quotes it to save it.

I am out of here and will no longer sign in, so don't bother with a PM as I won't ever see it. I may check in periodically just on the off chance that somebody posts something interesting. If anybody wants to contact me my e-mail is in my profile and Tex and Geeto already have it. I will still be mostly at the WERA forums and I am occasionally on DTT as ex119x.

Bye,
    I'll help with your quote. Jesus, (is that religious, God help me), can't we just have a sin bin. Whatever happened to the Jolly Roger? Now that was funny.
    Cheers, Mark
    Cheers, Mark
    Struth! Stone the crows and starve the lizards.

Bye,
    Well I suppose if the rule is going to be one strike and you're out, then the rules should be prominently displayed. If the politics had continued, then I would have bailed ( not that I think that matters). Anyway, it was good of you to share some of your motorcycle knowledge, so thanks for that.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Bye,
    I was thinking along the same lines. You said it much more eloquently than I could. It's a shame you're leaving. Hope to see you at road America and/or mid Ohio this summer.

Craig

As far as I can tell I blame the poster that pointed out the politics, Geeto and Tex for this This site is no longer the welcoming or interesting site it used to be.
    Blame me for what exactly Ken? Pointing out a long standing rule, getting called a bunch of names for it, and eventually working out with the guy and being helpful in his thread eventually isn't exactly the most unwelcoming situation. Also don't be so quick to absolve the guy of any fault of this either, he put in several good rants and name calling before he calmed down and realized what I was trying to tell him. I am not saying I don't have a share of blame here, but his reaction wasn't appropriately proportionate to what was going on and illustrated why we have the rule in the first place. Read this, don't, it doesn't matter, The guy is gone and he ain't coming back - if you feel Tex over reacted then take it up with Tex, don't drag me into that decision.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

He joined DTT, so he'll be fine... until he's not. Funny that dohcbikes came here. I assume he tried to blow up this forum too, then he got banned the same as on DTT.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links