Looking for a first bike for the wife, or possibly a new project for me - Page 2
Close

Looking for a first bike for the wife, or possibly a new project for me

This is a discussion on Looking for a first bike for the wife, or possibly a new project for me within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Ews She really likes the TU250X. I guess I trained her proper, go for the better looking bikes lol. But I think ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Looking for a first bike for the wife, or possibly a new project for me

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    She really likes the TU250X. I guess I trained her proper, go for the better looking bikes lol. But I think mostly she likes that the dealer has a 2017 (never sold) for $3k

Attachment 97377
    You know if I bought that for my wife I think the only thing I would do to it is remove the pillion seat and passenger footpegs.
    ... if she is riding with bigger bikes she is going to need to slightly ring the piss out of it to keep up or set pace,
    you might need to convince her (once it's broken in) to not be afraid of hurting it, ride it like you stole it.
    woodsman likes this.

I don't know, a few hundred miles of that thumper screaming between her legs and Ews may be out of a job.

Just a remark on bikes for short riders. It's not only seat height but also seat width that matters.
    woodsman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    I don't know, a few hundred miles of that thumper screaming between her legs and Ews may be out of a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike 40M View Post
    Just a remark on bikes for short riders. It's not only seat height but also seat width that matters.
    That's true. I was looking at a few 110 dirt bikes this weekend for my daughters and the Honda has a slightly wider seat than the Kawasaki, daughter could flat foot the Kawi, not the Honda
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

No worries, they work a lot better when your feet are on the pegs anyway just as long as you can reach those you should be able to ride it.
    What you do is hook your leg over the saddle and slide off the other side to put a toe down. Been there lots of times,
    also been where you can't put a foot down or you die.

Ews
    At 6'2" I've never had an issue putting my feet down on anything yet

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Happens when your front wheel is on a rock and your rear wheel is on a different rock and there is nothing but vertical drop between the wheels. Is a trials bike thing.

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Happens when your front wheel is on a rock and your rear wheel is on a different rock and there is nothing but vertical drop between the wheels. Is a trials bike thing.
    Fair enough.

After talking to my wife more about it this weekend, I almost have her convinced to let me buy a 19' W800 or a 19' Z900RS (but she said only the Cafe version because it looks like shit in that weird redish orange color). I like both bikes, just not sure which I would rather have. The parts guy at the local Kawi dealer has a z900rs and loves it, says its plenty comfy for riding two up, and enough bike for a good long solo ride without killing your ass or lower back. But I'll be damned if I dont love the look of that new w800.

Name:  Z900RS-Cafe-side-view.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  Kawasaki-W800-2019-The-Bike-Shed-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  147.3 KB

(but she said only the Cafe version because it looks like shit in that weird redish orange color).
    Your wife has questionable taste.

I like both bikes, just not sure which I would rather have. The parts guy at the local Kawi dealer has a z900rs and loves it, says its plenty comfy for riding two up, and enough bike for a good long solo ride without killing your ass or lower back. But I'll be damned if I dont love the look of that new w800.

Name:  Z900RS-Cafe-side-view.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  63.6 KB

Name:  Kawasaki-W800-2019-The-Bike-Shed-1.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  147.3 KB
    I had a chance to sit on both these bikes on Friday. I've ridden a new z900 non -rs and the older w650 so I also kind of know how they feel. As a fellow tall guy, get the z900rs, it's a way better fitting bike for taller riders. I loved the W650 I rode way back when and I can't imagine the W800 would disappoint, but the ergonomics were all off for a taller rider on the W800 I sat on.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Up here it would be a simple matter of which one you could not afford the insurance for.
    woodsman likes this.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links