Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good? - Page 2
Close

Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good?

This is a discussion on Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by TrialsRider Typical made in China sales brochure, I love this part: "4-valve-per-cylinder heads produces over 134 hp per litre" lol too bad ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good?

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Typical made in China sales brochure, I love this part: "4-valve-per-cylinder heads produces over 134 hp per litre"
    lol too bad the bike is only .6 of a litre ... and if it only had wings it could fly.
    Well they are not "technically" that far off. By my half assed maths, I estimate 11hp per 100cc, so if it were a liter bike, it would be pushing 111bhp. Not the 134 that they are bragging, but close-ish. Now I have seen people in India saying it is putting out just over 80hp (maybe the US version is tuned down for emissions?) That would produce the 134 per liter they are bragging. Not trying to get hung up on semantics though. In the end $5500 for a 600cc bike that looks damn good and sounds pretty effing good isnt bad. For someone like me where 80% of my riding is in town and within the 35mph posted speed limits (wink wink nudge nudge eh) it wouldn't be a bad commuter bike to work and back. Would certainly give me the opportunity to strip my KZ440 down to the frame and do a full rebuild.
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    Geeto, One key selling point for me is that multiple sources (Jalopnik, Topspeed, etc...) have said that it is very mechanic friendly, so when you do need to work on it they are easy. The dealer here said they stock almost all the parts, and what they dont have they can get within a few days or I can order direct from the site myself.
    To be fair, Aircooled Ducati's and oilhead bmws are also mechanic friendly. So it's not like it's the ONLY new bike that is mechanic friendly.

I did read that Quan Jing kept the HQ for Benelli in Presaro Italy, I assume to help maintain street cred for European market. I have been following the Asian bike market a bit, and that shit is booming! India's demand was around 20 million units last year alone. I fall into the category of general mistrust in Chinese product, but I also recognize that they are increasing their quality by leaps and bounds. I believe that China wants to be a global contender in many areas and know that they need to produce a quality product, especially if they want to get a foothold in the US.
    I think that actually has more to do with tarrifs and importation procedure and how the EU looks at motorcycles, than it does good will (although good will is there). Bikes coming into the EU look different on paper if the headquarters is in the EU rather than Asia, even if the parts come from Asia.

Well they are not "technically" that far off. By my half assed maths, I estimate 11hp per 100cc, so if it were a liter bike, it would be pushing 111bhp. Not the 134 that they are bragging, but close-ish. Now I have seen people in India saying it is putting out just over 80hp (maybe the US version is tuned down for emissions?) That would produce the 134 per liter they are bragging. Not trying to get hung up on semantics though. In the end $5500 for a 600cc bike that looks damn good and sounds pretty effing good isnt bad. For someone like me where 80% of my riding is in town and within the 35mph posted speed limits (wink wink nudge nudge eh) it wouldn't be a bad commuter bike to work and back. Would certainly give me the opportunity to strip my KZ440 down to the frame and do a full rebuild.

Ride it, see if you like it. All the reviews I read said it was more an up top bike than down low so that might be a factor. If you like it buy it, it's only money.
    Last edited by Geeto67; 04-19-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Sounds like you are ready to buy into their marketing ploy, let us know how you like the bike after you spend some time on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ews
    Sounds like you are ready to buy into their marketing ploy, let us know how you like the bike after you spend some time on it.
    Im willing to give it a go. I cant convince the wife to let me drop $11k on a Z900RS, but $5500 is an easier thing for her to accept lol. I could be a test dummy, if I buy it and it's utter shite, then you will all get a very thorough run down. If its a decent bike, then all you will get is helmet cam footage on the twisties lol

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Then you can change your username from the acronym for Early Warning System to Chinelli

Ews
    Then you can change your username from the acronym for Early Warning System to Chinelli
    Lol, its actually my initials, never thought of any acronyms that match lol. I could have some fun with that.

Endangered Weasel Slaughterer
    Energetic Whiskey Sipper

Im willing to give it a go. I cant convince the wife to let me drop $11k on a Z900RS, but $5500 is an easier thing for her to accept lol.
    $3500 for your Guzzi, a weekend at a luxury spa in Calgary for her and $1,000 in your sock for parts.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...ationFlag=true

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    $3500 for your Guzzi, a weekend at a luxury spa in Calgary for her and $1,000 in your sock for parts.
    https://www.kijiji.ca/v-street-cruis...ationFlag=true
    Dont get me wrong, the bike is beautiful. But the 9hr drive may kill my wife... or she would kill me

Did I write that down, sorry, just thinking out loud.

I actually have done a few of overnights and some really long days for bikes. If I'm money ahead after expenses on a toy for me or a profit if I'm flipping it, I'll go. That bike's a deal, he is asking a couple grand less than you could buy it in Ontario. 100,000 have been laid off in Alberta and they need to get rid of toys, so there are deals to be had. You could buy a pair of nice bikes there for what you're thinking of spending on the Chinelli.

Ews
    That wouldn't have anything to do with your new PM would it? According to danger Cats he is not well liked in the Alberta area

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links