Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good? - Page 3
Close

Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good?

This is a discussion on Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Ews That wouldn't have anything to do with your new PM would it? According to danger Cats he is not well liked ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    That wouldn't have anything to do with your new PM would it? According to danger Cats he is not well liked in the Alberta area
    Alberta has dirty oil, the market value is so low it is not worth processing. It is also landlocked, they would love to send their bitumen through pipe but none of the neighbours, including those to the south want pipelines, so none has or will be built. They couldn't get it built for 10 years with a pro oil Alberta conservative running the country and nothing has changed. Low oil prices and not being able to get citizens approval to build pipeline has smashed Alberta's economy. The reality is that it wouldn't matter who was in power they can't change either of the causes of Alberta's woes.

I do believe some Benelli are still made in Pesaro. Check the VIN tag for country of origin. Fist character should be the letter Z for Italy and L for China. New TNTs may be made in India, letter M.

I'd bet the brake calipers are copies of Brembo.

I'm with Woodsman, I'd buy the Canadian Guzzi, if it is a USA market legal machine, and skip the early depreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by jotacorsa View Post
    I do believe some Benelli are still made in Pesaro. Check the VIN tag for country of origin. Fist character should be the letter Z for Italy and L for China. New TNTs may be made in India, letter M.

I'm with Woodsman, I'd buy the Canadian Guzzi, if it is a USA market legal machine, and skip the early depreciation.
    It's the same bike as is sold in the US. Motorcycles move across the border pretty easily.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jotacorsa View Post
    Then they did a crap job of copying, they left off half the pistons.

... hard to find any direct reference to it in advertising or tests but I did find one write-up that described the brakes as twin pot front callipers and a single pot rear.

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    Then they did a crap job of copying, they left off half the pistons.

... hard to find any direct reference to it in advertising or tests but I did find one write-up that described the brakes as twin pot front callipers and a single pot rear.
    Yea, the more I research them the more I am not so sure. I mean I like the idea of the bike, a lot of people seem to like them and they are a very good looking machine. For the same $6k I can find a bunch of other bikes that are going to be better just not new
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

what's the warranty like? That's the advantage of new - a warranty.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Ews
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    what's the warranty like? That's the advantage of new - a warranty.
    12 months.

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

Quote Originally Posted by Ews View Post
    12 months.
    That's not great, I assume unlimited mileage.

When I bought my Duc the warranty was 36 months unlimited mileage, I see new ducati's are down to 24. Honda offers 1 year or 12,000 miles but also offers a supplemental protection plan where you can increase the motorcycle warranty to 3 years (5 on touring bikes). Suzuki and Yamaha does the same thing but offers 4 years of optional extended coverage on most motorcycle products.

FWIW, Benelli used to offer a 2 year warranty when they were strictly italian. Some dealers may offer 3rd party warranties that look like honda or kawasaki extended coverage but they don't work the same as Honda and Kawasaki back their extended warranty programs.

I am not saying you shouldn't do it, I think it would be a fun experiment, but just know what you are getting into.

As an alternative, my local dealer just priced leftover 2017 SCR950s down to below $6K, so maybe see if a local dealer to you has a left over one. It's basically a scramber bolt and not really good at being either, but I think it could be a fun "retro" commuter motorcycle:

https://www.ponypowersports.com/inve...43081-1458154i
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Ews
    Yeah, I was eyeing the SCR950 for a while. My Yammy dealership here sucks to say the least. Small, and I do mean small. Showroom has maybe a dozen bikes, 90% offroad. I think he only sells street bikes because he is required to by Yamaha.

If were still trying to spend your money, I like this. https://kpr.craigslist.org/mcy/d/her...859115556.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links