Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good? - Page 6
Close

Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good?

This is a discussion on Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Geeto67 Is he the original owner? No, he got it as an insurance write off. He had a buddy who made a ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Benelli Motorcycles, are they actually any good?

Quote Originally Posted by Geeto67 View Post
    Is he the original owner?
    No, he got it as an insurance write off. He had a buddy who made a living repairing crashed exotic cars and would clue him in when he came across bike stuff. This one was lightly damaged. The original rear rim was tweaked (rideable but not quite right) so I rebuilt the wheels for him with the SS spokes and Excel rims. He did all the other mods, many of which were to fix cosmetic stuff.

I was amazed when I saw it sitting outside in that condition. Long story on how it got to that point but it's indoors now and I'm pretty sure he'll return it to it's former glory.

The yellow sport was always my favorite of the line, I was never a big fan of the Paul Smart version. Never bought one myself though. I did see a picture of one done up as an F1, supposedly by the factory. If that had seen the light of day I may have pulled the trigger.

I had a 750 GT roundcase at the time and always thought the GT version of that bike was fooking hideous.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    If Ducati built a nice middleweight I'd be interested. If they built a retro Pantah under 600cc that was as good a bike as the original, it would be the last bike I'd buy.
    Attachment 97563
    I really liked the look of this concept bike, hard to believe it was 10 years ago. Shame it wasn't ever built.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    woodsman likes this.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    I really liked the look of this concept bike, hard to believe it was 10 years ago. Shame it wasn't ever built.
    That metallic blue, whatever it's called, is a great colour. Put a 600 in that and I'd be a buyer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    That metallic blue, whatever it's called, is a great colour. Put a 600 in that and I'd be a buyer.
    Fairly sure the colour is Ice blue.
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsored Links