Spring! Kinda
Close

Spring! Kinda

This is a discussion on Spring! Kinda within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Canada is doing it's best to get out from under the snow. Of course allot of it is now under water and basically the weather ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Spring! Kinda

Spring! Kinda

Canada is doing it's best to get out from under the snow. Of course allot of it is now under water and basically the weather still sucks. After weeks of being laid up with a sciatic nerve pinch I waited till the wife wasn't looking and squeezed the bike out the door. Just in time for freezing rain and 2cm of snow coming today. It's in one piece and ready for health and weather. The front fender was cracked so I glassed it and repainted with rattle cans. Raised the bars, lowered the pegs, added a usb charger and rewired the rats nest of a wiring job I inherited to a new fuze block. Other than adjusting the valves and a new air filter that's about it. Just need to drop the oils. I know it's a luggage hauler and it does look a bit like a float in a Canada Day parade but that's okay. Here's the outcome of a long winter. Name:  IMG_2175.JPG
Views: 25
Size:  200.8 KBName:  IMG_2174.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  197.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    jcw likes this.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

Cool! Enjoy your bike!

Ews
    Looks like fun. Idaho is done with the snow for a month or two now. But we have this odd spring weather going, 70 in the day and freezing at night. Makes for a frosty ride to work in the AM
    Dream as if you live forever, Live as if you die today.~ James Dean

I feel the need, the need for speed.~ Mavrick (Tom Cruise before he was a big ol' bag of crazy)

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

75 and humid here in KY. Gonna have to start going to the gym at dawn instead of lunch ...

Wearing coveralls over my uniform when I ride doesn't help either, especially when I'm waiting in line at the shoppette to pick up lunch. im cooking.
    Last edited by CaTacL1sm; 04-30-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

The amount of sand on the roads you'll need a dual sport. I can't even get the lawn tractor out of the chipboard palace the ground is so soft. I'm glad we're on high ground.

Yea they've buried all the asphalt under it for sure. About 1/3 of the yard is walkable now but my tractor would axle down pretty quick. I'm in no hurry to start doing laps on the Deere anyway. Do need to get some miles on though. Soon enough we'll be bitching about how friggin hot it is.
    If you can't pick it back up, don't ride it.

I got out and met up with some local friends for a nice blast through the hills today
    Name:  652FF0DE-12BC-47A4-B11F-F234C47E125E.jpeg
Views: 22
Size:  4.28 MB
    woodsman and Stephen J like this.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Altamonte Springs, Fl. USA, Bridgend, South Wales, U.K.
    ..........................and just to piss everyone off, it was mid 80's today in central Florida
    I dabble in rocket science, when I\'m not picking my nose
    The other night I gave my girlfriend an orgasm, but, she spat it back at me

'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'

I was registered for a trackday on Monday, an Aprilia demo day. There was snow around the track on Saturday. The Temps on Monday morning were in the 30s, rising into the low 40s by afternoon. Oh, did I mention it was also raining?

Guess who went to work on Monday instead of the track????
    woodsman likes this.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by crazypj View Post
    ..........................and just to piss everyone off, it was mid 80's today in central Florida
    I ignored the greenery and T shirts in 8balls and liked it but I refuse to acknowledge it's 80 anywhere.
    8ball likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links