bone line fix - Page 2
Close

bone line fix

This is a discussion on bone line fix within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Originally Posted by Oldjeep It's pretty, but when the suspension compresses doesn't the rear tire hit the fender pretty quick? The new guy gets it.........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: bone line fix

Quote Originally Posted by Oldjeep View Post
    It's pretty, but when the suspension compresses doesn't the rear tire hit the fender pretty quick?
    The new guy gets it......
    woodsman likes this.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

jcw
    so, let's catch up...

OP posted one of the MANY MANY sweet track bikes he has. i assume the most recent build. (it's like a f'ing harem of women he has) One that wasnt designed by an italian with too many i's in his name but desgined by the school of hard knocks.

that was his bone line fix... get it?

well, as is his perogative, he took it down when someone in the peanut gallery wasnt behaving. (which is everyone's perogative that posts their build. lord knows i wish i could unsee a lot of them) and so now we are treated to the el Diablo picture instead.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
    carry on.

jcw
    ccs races autobahn which is 40mins from me. they just finished their round a week ago or so.

i may look to get my race certificate this year with STT. i still need a lot of work but i think im ready. if not, i may hang up my track boots and just build bikes. bahahahahaha...

my new scooter is still in transport from Reno. should be here soon.
    ...My bike is very Pouncy...
    f*ck u all

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    my new scooter is still in transport from Reno. should be here soon.
    Coming from Reno? You'll have too come up with a good gambling story to replace the standard "gave him X dollars"

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoDog View Post
    Seriously though, can someone remind me again what a "bone line" is?
    "OK Google"

bikebound.com

Name:  Screenshot_2019-05-09-13-16-45.png
Views: 38
Size:  2.35 MB

Don't forget the "cutoff" and my favorite. ............."the swoop"

AHHH, the swoop. I'm a fork guy myself, "Your forks should be tucked in, close to the main body of the bike. This increases the aggressive look of a cafe racer". Yep, I like my forks pulled in, tight and twitchy I always say.

http://www.bikebound.com/2016/11/23/...-a-cafe-racer/

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    "Your forks should be tucked in, close to the main body of the bike. This increases the aggressive look of a cafe racer". Yep, I like my forks pulled in, tight and twitchy....
    Fortunately, that look can be attained quite easily and quickly by t-boning a Buick at 30 mph.....
    woodsman likes this.

.... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

I think I just had an accident.....

My GS550 Build Thread

jcw
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclocrossfool View Post
    With a top fairing and sides, you nailed it.

Well fuck me, here I've been thinking that the angle of the fork was related to how the bike steers. Turns out, it's to make it look good! In fact, the entire reason the bike looks the way it does is to make the bike look good!

That's what happens when you have a designer explain why a bike looks the way it does. No, Mr Designer, these features you're touting did NOT originate to satisfy your rules of design. Well, not ALL of them anyway.

And your "cut off" points that say the bodywork shouldn't extend past the rear axle? IMHO bikes with seats/tail sections that short look like shit. I know others here disagree but it just looks fucking stupid to me to have the wheel sticking out past the back of the bodywork that far. Ride it in the rain for a while and see if you can figure out why.

I'm breaking one of my own rules by posting on a forum before noon so I'll shut up before I start talking abtou my lawn. Which really needs to be mowed. Which is one other thing I hate. BAAAHHHHHHH! I'm going back to bed. Wake me when the chocolate covered donuts get here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links