KZ1000 monoshock conversion - Page 2
Close

KZ1000 monoshock conversion

This is a discussion on KZ1000 monoshock conversion within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; dudes, please tell me part of that lower linkage is not using the the center stand pivots......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: KZ1000 monoshock conversion

dudes, please tell me part of that lower linkage is not using the the center stand pivots...

Same design but way better executed.
    Unless you smash the dogbone on rocks and it deforms the oil seal, then water gets inside and rusts out the needle bearings.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 06-01-2019 at 07:26 AM.

jcw
    I recall a couple BMW k1200 r/s bikes having catastrophic rear suspension failures from the needle bearings seizing and the dogbone failing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jcw View Post
    I recall a couple BMW k1200 r/s bikes having catastrophic rear suspension failures from the needle bearings seizing and the dogbone failing.
    I used a BMW swingarm that came with needle rollers (for the swingarm pivots) no idea how many miles were on it, but based on their condition (with no signs of water or lack of grease) , rather than replace the bearings with more of the same, I make up some bronze bushings. Needle rollers would have been ok for the riding I do, but they didn’t leave me with a warm fuzzy feeling.
    "Non urinat in ventum"

Where do I start the Top shockmount has no chance of handling the loads nor does the center stand brackets at the bottom being used for the bottom mount the struts or links are only seeing tension and comp
    That extended swinger is going to.need a shock mounted further rearward
    As it sits it has too much wheel travel to little spring rate to light on damping rate
    Ther top frame rails will buckle no matter what because nothing ,zero had been done to the frame to address the loads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links