Intervention i planning in the works.
Close

This is a discussion on Intervention i planning in the works. within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I have had this 2000 civic ex since 2001 as my sis bought it and did not like the road noise you get in it. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CaTacL1sm

Thread: Intervention i planning in the works.

I have had this 2000 civic ex since 2001 as my sis bought it and did not like the road noise you get in it. Now 18 years and 190000 miles later it seems there is an intervention in the works to try to get me to part with the car. It is truly showing it's age but has never left me stranded regardless I have started looking for some sort of replacement preferably a low mile 2006 to 2010 range. Gas mileage and dependability are my prime objectives as this is for commuting. Question is what might fit the 2 prime objectives and still be a fun car enjoyable to drive.

Name:  IMG_20190719_090917032.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  2.55 MB

Civic SI perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Si with a standard transmission is a nice little car, if the twin cam engine blows up you can get a low milage replacement motor out of Tokyo for a couple grand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

jcw
    A subaru wrx looks like a fun car if you can get over the subaru brand implications...
    Last edited by jcw; 07-19-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Civic SI and WRX both look reasonable I will check them out. Also mentioned to me elsewhere was V6 Mustang “had the fox body and a 64 in the past” , so I guess its time for some test drives. WRX looks different and fun. No Subaru hate here.

Thanks for the input,

We have had several Mitsubishi's, currently have a 2010 Galant. They are a little utilitarian for some, I like plain. They get great mileage, nice road manners and far and away the most dependable vehicles I have ever owned. Price wise I don't think there is better bang for the buck. Most cars spend their history parked with very brief moments of use, I've never understood why some people will spend so much of their income on them.

For something even more different:

2014-ish VW diesel sportwagen...

You can buy them from dealerships with the emissions fix, and they come with a 100,000 mile/ 10 year warranty on the engine and emissions system.

Here's the thing about these vehicles: they've basically got a stretched GTI chassis and you can get them with a 6 speed manual transmission (although the DCT version is amazing as well)

I bought mine last August from a VW dealer with 32k miles for $16k.

I've since added a bigger rear sway bar, braided brake lines, and an aluminum skid plate.

43mpg at 80mph as well
    woodsman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

How about a small pickup truck or minivan with a dirt bike or 2 in the back.
    That was always fun.

Sponsored Links