Photo Hosting
Close

Photo Hosting

This is a discussion on Photo Hosting within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So now that photo bucket has ruined every single thread on every single forum in the whole of the inter webs...... Whats the go to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Photo Hosting

Photo Hosting

So now that photo bucket has ruined every single thread on every single forum in the whole of the inter webs......

Whats the go to site for image hosting?
    I know forums are dead and replaced by social media, but I still love me some build threads and documenting a journey of rebuild....or failure....
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

The most reliable way is to buy a domain and some space so that you can self host. Alternatively you can hope that someone will give you space for free and then complain when it is no longer free

postimages dot org :| but if I tell you that then everybody will start using it and then it will go the way of photo bucket so don't tell anybody.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I use i.imgur.com

You have the option to make photos public or unlisted and there's no limit to the number you can upload.

I also have a premium Flickr account
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Image hosing should absolutely be free.
    The want to charge the creator for the right to have their content build up a site?
    And what happens once it is built up? Oh....adds and monitization.....
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

I use flickr. Been using it for years. And I don't see it going anywhere either since its owned by Yahoo or whatever.

I also find it helpful to save all my pictures I upload to google drive (dropbox works well too) just so I have online backups of everything.
    [I have no idea what I'm doing]

Excuse my ignorance, but why not store your own photos? What is the advantage of an image hosting site?
    nic579 likes this.

Really any forum that values it's content should mirror at least a low quality mirror of images for broken and lost links. I suspect copyright could be an issue under certain circumstances.

I have used flickr pro "Paid " in the past but they are now owned by smugmug and are working to transition. Really you should be prepared to support any service that you utilize if you want it to stick around for long.

Self hosting is most reasonable and you can setup up a Dynamic DNS account to maintain connection to a dynamic home ip.

Or get a cheap cloud account.

I've had a website for years. I also haven't updated for it for years.... pretty much all it gets used for now is storing photos. I don't even recall what it costs each year but it isn't much.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

I'm honestly just not that tech savvy....
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links