Thoughts on the Daytona 765
Close

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the Daytona 765 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Anyone order one? Thoughts?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone order one?

Thoughts?
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

jcw
    The 675 was a helluva bike.

Some reason never completely caught on in the club racing circles. Maybe it was the lack of nearly unlimited spare parts compared to the japanese bikes.
    Maybe it was some handling quirk at the limit which most of us will never even see. Mechanical issues?? I don't know for sure.

I test rode a bone stock used 2013 and absolutely loved it. It felt narrow in the saddle and very easy to transition. My gixxer currently is better handling but only after thousands of dollars and even more time spent on suspension, geometry tuning and lightening.
    The 765 should have more power than my 750 and probably handles great out of the box.

750 is a great sized engine for the track. Pulls out of corners nicely, doesn't send you into warp speed heading into a corner or put you at unnecessary risk of sliding the rear on power too easily.
    For the streets, it lacks that ultimate rush of the literbikes and hypersports, though. I guess it depends how and what you are able to utilize on your local streets...

Hp is listed as 128.
    Seems kind of low.
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    Hp is listed as 128.
    Seems kind of low.
    128 is a reasonable street-able hp on a light weight bike. How much does it weigh? I often find on the street that my 690 Duke wants to break the law to a level that could preclude further licensing. I do however miss the VFR1200 when I hit a long straight.

Last edited by nic579; 08-26-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Don't think they have published a weight. That can't be a good sign.

I guess I don't understand how it is different or better then the 675R.
    And defiantly not at twice the price!
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

jcw
    Everyone has been waiting for the bigger engine they put in their street triple to find it’s way into their sportbike.
    Next gen ohlins suspension, latest spec brembo brakes (stylema), TFT dash, carbon fiber treatment.

They justify the price difference because only 765 will be made for the US/Canada. 765 for the rest of the world.
    Unless you are a triumph daytona fanboy, I don’t think this bike is meant for you.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/m...imited-edition
    Last edited by jcw; 08-26-2019 at 08:51 PM.

They had to make one in response to the F3 800,
    which was super easy to produce because it's the same bike as an F3 675 but with a longer stroke.

... What did they do to come up with a 765, did they just lengthen the stroke on the 675 and upgrade the chassis parts?
    if yes then it's not really an original idea.

They gotta do something with the Moto2 engine they are building for the GP paddock....
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

My GS550 Build Thread

Maybe the none limited edition bike will have the same hardware and a 25% discount....
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by jaguar View Post
    Maybe the none limited edition bike will have the same hardware and a 25% discount....
    Ha!
    you guys in the states already get a 33% discount off everything and cheap insurance, what do you want?

lol You should buy one just because of all the money you are saving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links