New Bike - Which would you buy?
Close

This is a discussion on New Bike - Which would you buy? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Ok, so I have been in the market for a new bike for sometime now and I have things narrowed down to two bikes (ok ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Ok, so I have been in the market for a new bike for sometime now and I have things narrowed down to two bikes (ok technically three).

bike 1: 2006 Ducati sport 1000 new leftover in yellow
    Bike 1.5: 2007 Ducati "Back in Black" sport 1000 special edition
    Bike 2: 2005 used ZX10 titanium special edition with less than 1000 miles on it that the ducati dealer took on trade and can't move (adult owned never been droped)

So here is the situation, I have about 2K to put down on the bike and will finance the rest. I think I can get the leftover sport for aroun $8-9K out the door, the special edition I am pretty sure I can get for $10K out the door, and I am confident I can negotiate the zx10 to $6-7K.

I rode both demo bikes (ok a new zx10) at mid-ohio and I have positives and negatives about both. right now I currently like them equally. I plan on keeping the bike for a long time, so I want to buy to own.

so what to you guys think?

Or should I sack it all, sell my soul and buy an AMS Hailwood replica:

back in black:

yellow sport 1000:

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

On looks alone, I would go with the Hailwood replica!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:

I love the way it looks too but it costs as much as a paulsmart replica ($14,000), and it doesn't have the ohlins suspension that the paulsmart has. Also it is a wet clutch bike that can take two people (that tail is removable). Not exactly what I am looking for in a ducati. On the upside it is an AMS special edition which means it has all sorts of cool motor tuning tweaks that the stockers don't have, including rejetting to get rid of that really bad low end vibration.

quote:

I love the way it looks too but it costs as much as a paulsmart replica ($14,000), and it doesn't have the ohlins suspension that the paulsmart has. Also it is a wet clutch bike that can take two people (that tail is removable). Not exactly what I am looking for in a ducati. On the upside it is an AMS special edition which means it has all sorts of cool motor tuning tweaks that the stockers don't have, including rejetting to get rid of that really bad low end vibration.

Thought this was funny and ever so slightly topic related:

Thought this was funny and ever so slightly topic related:

jim, there was a guy selling those t-shirts at Mid-Ohio with everything from triumph to ducati on it.

Ironically enough I called over there and they have a paulsmart leftover too new in the crate, but they are not wanting to take a big hit on the bike so it is kinda out of my budget. If I could get it for $10K and finance $8K that is not bad but I don't think they will go that low for the bike.

jim, there was a guy selling those t-shirts at Mid-Ohio with everything from triumph to ducati on it.

Ironically enough I called over there and they have a paulsmart leftover too new in the crate, but they are not wanting to take a big hit on the bike so it is kinda out of my budget. If I could get it for $10K and finance $8K that is not bad but I don't think they will go that low for the bike.

If I had the dosh it would definetely be the back in black, 2nd choice would be the yellow sport, and last the hailwood. Not that it's a the worst of the three but because I don't do fairings and it would be a cryin shame to spend all that dough and then rip them off. Enjoy that new toy Geeto...

Banned From The Pubs..
    '73 CB350(RIP)
    '74 CB750K3 Cafe Thriller

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links