1980 Honda CM400t Wiring Diagram
Close

This is a discussion on 1980 Honda CM400t Wiring Diagram within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Hi everyone, I am working on a cafe racer build and I am almost finished!!! All that I have left is a few wiring issues ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By scramblermike
  • 1 Post By CaTacL1sm
  • 1 Post By CaTacL1sm

Thread: 1980 Honda CM400t Wiring Diagram

Hi everyone, I am working on a cafe racer build and I am almost finished!!! All that I have left is a few wiring issues that I am having. I felt like I wired everything correct because I tried starting it the first time and everything worked on the bike. When I went to go to start the bike again, the m-unit blue input and outputs kept blinking and then and the nothing shows up anymore on the motoscope plus it won't start the bike or even try turning over. My guess is that I must have wired something incorrectly. Can someone take a look at my diagram and see if I did something wrong?
    Name:  Bike.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  3.61 MB
    Name:  bike diagram image.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  2.38 MB
    Thanks
    Last edited by caferacer123; 09-18-2019 at 01:05 PM.

So the positive out from your rectifier / voltage regulator goes straight to the fused starter relay ?
    Somehow that don't seem right or is that where it goes through a fuse? did you check the fuses?
    ... having zero experience with them, I'm totally guessing that hot wire should be headed straight for the M unit thingy.

... and I'm pretty sure that art comment guy is a spammer

You're going to absolutely hate the way that bike rides after only 10 minutes on it. And wow I couldn't think that a CM bike could look even worse than stock
    woodsman likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

What's THEIR diagram look like? Is it the same as the way YOU wired it? Did you contact the manufacturer and ask them why their high tech isn't meshing with your 40 year old cruiser?

That bike will run like crap, with the cheap pods and exhaust. You think Honda might have spent more than a couple hundred bucks on getting the best from the engine? And the tires...have you ever ridden a motorcycle? Did it have trailer tires on it? My understanding is that those things aren't made for actual use, they are for static display.

Part it out. Buy something worth riding.

Your wiring diagram is a straight up abortion.

Here, use this as a baseline:

TrialsRider likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

No idea how to interpret "No Starter Kick Only" guessing you maybe just jump those 2 if you don't have electric start? <- there must be more documentation on just that!

They show the R/R connected to the battery + via the fuse. Makes sense.

The thing you have labeled "Relay" and "Solenoid" on your abortion diagram makes no sense as drawn.
    A Solenoid relay is a Relay, solenoid just implies it is electrically operated. One side is (2 of 4 connections) a coil, the other side is just like a light switch. You put a little bit of 12 volt through the coil and that becomes an electro magnet that slams the switch shut so you can control lots of hydro :| that hydro is headed for your starter motor, headlights or whatever (hence the name 'relay').

That wiring diagram is the one I drew up when planning my GS750 wiring

On my GS, I didn't bother wiring up the electric starter, so I didn't need to use those outputs at all. The wiring diagram reflects a kick start only setup.

We're I to do it, I'd gave a signal wire going to the starter button (which grounds out), then a power wire going to the starter solenoid.

Done
    Last edited by CaTacL1sm; 09-19-2019 at 01:30 PM.
    TrialsRider likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
    Fuck all of you guys. Get into your little circle jerk and have fun. Thought this may be a pretty cool message board but damn, you guys are assholes.

Woody's in Perth has about 10 scrap CM400 bikes sitting outside that I could spot :| slooooooly rusting away,
    just incase you need some motor bits.

Sponsored Links