Looking for speedo gauge options
Close

Looking for speedo gauge options

This is a discussion on Looking for speedo gauge options within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Besides motogadget, cognito and acewell can you send me links to well built speedo gauges or ones with small tach built in. Having trouble finding ...

Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 8ball

Thread: Looking for speedo gauge options

  1. #1
    Junior Member Tharleschorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2

    Looking for speedo gauge options

    Besides motogadget, cognito and acewell can you send me links to well built speedo gauges or ones with small tach built in. Having trouble finding other options for my 1971 Honda CB450 build

  2. #2
    Senior Member 8ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    1,628
    I got a Velona80 by Daytona. Good gauge. They are available with a speedo dial and digital tach, or what I wanted, digital speed and a tach on the dial. But I had to order from the UK. It was around $200 USD. Not a good photo, but it’s all I have on my phone
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TrialsRider likes this.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

    Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

    My GS550 Build Thread

  3. #3
    Senior Member TrialsRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,384
    and metric I should imagine ...oh wait, thats a tac with a quartz speedo isn't it

    Put a GPS speedo on er and be done with it.
    Don't think they are actually legal in most places, but guessing you live some place it doesn't matter to you.
    Last edited by TrialsRider; 10-27-2019 at 01:56 PM.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member Tharleschorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    2
    Looks awesome. How was it wiring? Also do you have any issues with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ball View Post
    I got a Velona80 by Daytona. Good gauge. They are available with a speedo dial and digital tach, or what I wanted, digital speed and a tach on the dial. But I had to order from the UK. It was around $200 USD. Not a good photo, but it’s all I have on my phone

  6. #5
    jcw
    jcw is offline
    Senior Member jcw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    chicago burbs
    Posts
    2,067
    Well built? Stack. But pricey as fuck. I have used them a couple of times.

    Speedhut has a bunch, too. But I've never used them.
    Cognito may have speedhut build their theirs for them?

  7. #6
    Junior Member WindingRoadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1

    Wupp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tharleschorpe View Post
    Besides motogadget, cognito and acewell can you send me links to well built speedo gauges or ones with small tach built in. Having trouble finding other options for my 1971 Honda CB450 build
    I bought one of these and the build quality is pretty darn good. And you can get 10 of these for the price of one of those!

    https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/...Id=32953485118

  8. #7
    Senior Member 8ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    East TN
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharleschorpe View Post
    Looks awesome. How was it wiring? Also do you have any issues with it?
    If you go to the last few pages (page 12 or so) in my build thread that is linked in my signature you can see a detailed description of the install. Start with page 12 because my first attempt was a cheap $35 one off eBay that I never got the tach to work. I used the magnetic pickup from that one to get my speed signal for the Velona. But you can buy speed cable adapters, mag pickups or gps units for the gauge from the supplier.
    I always find a soap box useful to get on my high horse.

    Quote Originally Posted by roccitycafe View Post
    .... same thing with furniture, it doesn't have to be straight or not wobble, or keep thing from rolling off it, or not collapse when sat upon, it's personal taste man... if I want a dining room set that endangers the life of my dinner party guests, then it doesn't need second hand approval

    My GS550 Build Thread

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •