Interchangable Ducati parts
Close

This is a discussion on Interchangable Ducati parts within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Has anyone run across information on cross referencing Ducati parts between models? Are there shelve parts, forks, swing arms etc. or does each model vary ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Interchangable Ducati parts

Has anyone run across information on cross referencing Ducati parts between models? Are there shelve parts, forks, swing arms etc. or does each model vary enough not to allow swapping parts?

oh oh now what did you buy,
    Some stuff certainly is interchangeable like front forks, anything brake related, they don't make those things in-house
    possibly rear wheel bearings, rims and injectors etc, but not swingarms because those are frame specific.

if you put in a part number this site will tell you what models it was used on:

https://www.bike-parts-ducati.com/du...le/price/44700

it's only ducati models though, not MG or Aprilla. I have heard that MG and Aprilla use the same part numbers with a specific prefix like AP or MG.
    woodsman likes this.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

There are a boatload of Ducati parts that interchange - as already mentioned a lot of them interchange even with other brands. Somewhat era dependent I think, but back when I was rebulding my 750GT I would run the part number through a Moto Guzzi dealer too if it wasn't something obviously specific to Ducati like bodywork.

What are you working with/looking for? Putting a later engine into an 851 chassis is a different sort of interchange than trying to find which models used that weird spring in the shift mechanism.
    Last edited by DesmoDog; 12-05-2019 at 04:30 PM.
    -Craig
    The Mighty Monza Jr. Thread: https://www.caferacer.net/forum/proje...r-project.html

Quote Originally Posted by TrialsRider View Post
    oh oh now what did you buy
    I have had the opportunity to buy several in the last few months, insurance buys, and need to get a better handle on accessing parts.

Interesting about the Aprilia, Guzzi part numbers.

Good opportunity if you plan to race next year.

So I bought a 2007 695 Monster. 6500km. Needs a brake lever and handlebars, has a couple minor scuffs. Whatever happened to it was minor.
    I have a proper black key but not the red programming key for the immobilizer. I'm working on the assumption that the bike should start once it gets fuel and a fresh battery.

the red key is only for making more black keys. it does nothing in terms of immobilisor disarming, etc. you can get the black keys cloned by many locksmiths.

Quote Originally Posted by brad black View Post
    the red key is only for making more black keys. it does nothing in terms of immobilisor disarming, etc. you can get the black keys cloned by many locksmiths.
    So, in a perfect world, it should start? Disconnecting the battery won't require some type of reset? Any inherent problems with the 695? Are the engines between 650 and 750cc the same motor with different stroke/bore or is each an independent development?

Quote Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
    So, in a perfect world, it should start? Disconnecting the battery won't require some type of reset? ...
    That sounds like the type of feature I would pay extra money to Not have on my bike.,
    can you imagine; oops battery died, so much for bump starting, hope you have cell service, call for a hook.
    woodsman likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links