Help-A-N00b (pretty much like a charity) - Page 2
Close

Help-A-N00b (pretty much like a charity)

This is a discussion on Help-A-N00b (pretty much like a charity) within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; the 550 is smaller. down on power compared. but if your a little guy its probably the right fit. i dont know how much the ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    the 550 is smaller. down on power compared. but if your a little guy its probably the right fit. i dont know how much the 550 weighs versus the 750, but the 750looks huge by comparison. if youre a larger guy, go for something bigger. seems like the gs can be had for cheaper $$ now then the cb's. the 750 is a much larger bike. my 550 is a 77. almost everything is different from all the others made. the 78 had the most in common, but still had a different seat. the 550-500 dont share as much as you would think. i know for a fact, the clutch is totally different. (recent experience) there is enough to be different that you can swap a few parts, but not enough if you really want it to look like a 500. if you catch my drift. i know the bodywork doesnt fit from 550 to 500. the wheels swap though. the 500 was only made for a couple of years and personally i think they are a better handling bike, but the power is really lacking out of the box. i think the 500 was a better looking bike with better colors available. but thats just an opinion. the 550s really seemed to last. and there are alot of them around. more than the 500. thats why i bought mine.

jc

Yea thanks Joe. BUt when you brought up the topic of smaller rider haha that really went out to me. I mean I am not tiny but i am not big by any means 5'8'' 170lbs. THats why I am kinda leaning towards the 550 but I am still waiting for Getto's agruement for the 750's handling and all.

-Kyle

youre about the same size as me. my 550 according to the speedo, has done 110 with me on it. id say go try the bikes someplace. if you can find a 750, and a 550. the 750 is a pretty good handling bike. but youre probably going to want something a little smaller to start. especially when you have to pick it up. no noks against the 750..im just a 550 fan.

jc

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

dude if you are under 6' the 550 is a better fit. The 750 is a great handeling bike but it is a heavy pig at near 500 lbs. This might be too much for you at low speeds.

Don't rule out other manufacturers for bikes either. suzuki's t500 and gt550 are awsome 70's two strokes, the yamaha xs1 (xs650) is also a great bike as is the rd400, kawasaki has the kz650 (stay away from kawi 750s and twins), just go out there and look around and then ask us about something available to you locally. A lot easier than us just throwing bikes at you.

rat
    I have to say, I am very upset by the constant bashing of fat chicks.

I like fat chicks. When I buy a bike the first question that comes to mind is "Can I give rides to fat chicks"? Nothing beats ripping down backroads with a chunky girl riding pillion, tits the size of my head resting on my back. Mmm-mmm.

Man, you guys don't know what you're missing.

oh yeah... if all you're doin' is rippin' around town and hauling yer own ass home 100 miles every other weekend? Get a CB350.

...and leave the fat chicks to me.

One man's story
    is another man's shame,
    Ain't bound for glory
    I'm bound for flames

oh, and keep in mind, gheeto was the crash truck at mid ohio. i personaly saw him carrying 2 norton manxs' and eating a box of donuts. simultaniously. hes probably had shits bigger than the cb550. hes a freakin giant!

:-)

jc

and I was probably one of the few people there who could make a GT750 buffalo look smallish. (6'5" 280lbs - I think know you know why I don't roadrace joe).

Actually there were two different 450lbs+ dueds I spted riding ubsurd things like z50 monkey bikes and cb125s. I swear to god I thought that if one of these guys sneezed their bike would be sucked up their colon and lodge against the back of their teeth.

Mizzou huh? I had a roommate once who was a KA at Mizzou. The only guy I know who personally told John Ashcroft to fuck off. I don't know how long your riding season is there but from what I remember not that long. I also remember goign there for his wedding and looking through the classifieds in the local paper and being able to find a decent amount of cheap bikes.

Edited by - geeto67 on Aug 08 2007 4:41:25 PM

Yea bikes are pretty easy to find around here. I think I am currently leaning towards a CB550. I just love the lines of a classic Honda and I will deffinatly benefit from a smaller, lighter bike at my size. Thanks for all the help guys I'll let you know when i find one.

-Kyle

Hey I think I have found another option and just wanted to get everyones opinion. The Yamaha XS650. I know geeto mentioned them but I wanted a little bit more information on it. The basics pretty much. Availablity? Cost? Size? Power? Handling? Cafeablity? Hell I'll even take personal opinions. Any information helps. Thanks.

-Kyle

stop the mental masturbation already .obviously you have searched these bikes on the web.Good Man.Now your questions seem to be looking for a garauntee of somesort.STOP IT! you know the answers already...get a bike you can aford,get one, sit on it first, see if you can hold the thing up at a stop light comfortable,get speed that wont have your bike sideways under a bus if you sneeze and twist the throttle suddenly.
    There are no gaurantees,buy one and learn yourself.youve down enough catagory comparison.
    Now get a bike ride it and start collecting a solo seat and some smaller lighter lights.at least clubmans till you get used to riding .and dont drink and drive on a bike no matter what .NOW GET TO SCHOOL!!!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links