im gonna make some clipons... few ?'s - Page 3
Close

im gonna make some clipons... few ?'s

This is a discussion on im gonna make some clipons... few ?'s within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; you said...."If that is the case it would explain why someone would rather pay $100 than make their own although they have the ability." the ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    you said...."If that is the case it would explain why someone would rather pay $100 than make their own although they have the ability."

the operative word being "someone."

someone being somebody other than you, who maybe is a fabricator, maybe is only a hobbiest, or maybe is a hackjob lazy mutherfucker like myself.....

the point is all of the above probably don't have their own way of chrome plating the metal. most all of the above don't probably have their own polishing wheels.

good luck with the clipons. post pics up when your done so we can see them (on the bench, and on the bike).

cheers,

tex

Don't know about other people...but I fabricate parts for a living...and I'd want more than $100 to design and fabricate a set of clipon's. I'd just by them from Champ and then spend my time making $50/hr working for a customer.
    If I have eight hours to work in a day, I don't want to spend four hours making a $60 set of clipons when I could make $200 working for a customer.
    JohnnyB

quote:
    Correct me if I am wrong but I dont see my question having been "how do you fabricate clipons?" but actually:

"The outer tubes are just for dress right? Almost like covers that can be removed without any mechanical issues and thereby reducing the diameter of the tubes between the trees to that below the trees?"

I apologize if that is what is considered by all of the members of this forum to be a "complex fab" question.. If that is the case it would explain why someone would rather pay $100 than make their own although they have the ability.

oh, let me back that up - you start by saying "I think I want to make my clipons" which is red flag number 1. That alone qualifies as complex fabrication because as you will soon learn a lot more goes into it than a clamp and a bar.

Then you as a questions that literally 3 seconds of looking at your bike would have answered for you. I actually heard people's foreheads smack in three states when they read it. Really there are no such things as stupid questions but this one comes shockingly close. It is also red flag number 2 because it is the kind of question a newbie who has no business fabbing his own parts would ask.

I am not here to fight with you, but really I think you asked for the responses you got by not providing enough information. And now you are going to take umbrage at the people that would otherwise be more than willing to give you guidance.

If you want to have a bad attitude that is fine, but you'll find that when you leave out information and people get the wrong impresion and then you get a bad attitude about it...well frankly it just isn't the way to get help. And a lot of us pride ourselves on being real helpful (not me but some of the others).

Now go get your bike out of the shed or where ever you have it parked 90 miles away and spend some quality time looking at it. Heck even take something apart and put it back together.

Let me dial this back a little - Nobody here will ever get chastized for too much information reguarding their bike, but too little leads to stuff like this.

Like I said we are not here to fight or run you off, we are here to help, but try to be more clear about what you are doing and what question you are asking. If you want to ask about fork ears, throwing in that you are making your own clipons is definatly going to ring a few bells.

glad we are clear, so lets get back to business as usual.

Edited by - geeto67 on Aug 17 2007 08:34:23 AM

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:
    Again.... I'm not sure where people are getting their info but to clarify, I never said anything about chrome nor do I have any interest in it.
    Why? Chrome, despite popular belief, will indeed return you to your home.

Yeah...you can easily sell shiny chrome parts for enough cash to get a cab, whereas your painted parts are a dime a dozen. Sometimes I sell my chrome for crack too.
    JohnnyB

I LOVE GEETO!!

JS

DAMM Bitches is it that time of month again ?

77 bmw R75/7
    74 Suzuki T-500 with clubmans and little turn signals

quote:
    DAMM Bitches is it that time of month again ?

77 bmw R75/7
    74 Suzuki T-500 with clubmans and little turn signals
    must be becase my vagina is all hurtin' and itchy and stuff.

i can smell it from here....no wait....thats baltimore.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Aug 17 2007 5:03:23 PM

go to jbransons web site you should take his advice to heart also Geeto spews pure trueth ...and Im serious... WORD!and Im a white guy!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links