R/C engineering
Close

R/C engineering

This is a discussion on R/C engineering within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Has anyone got any info on the stuff they made? I Just got a R/C motor and its pretty rad. It is supposidly 1300cc...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R/C engineering

R/C engineering

Has anyone got any info on the stuff they made? I Just got a R/C motor and its pretty rad. It is supposidly 1300cc

DOHC or SOHC? Honda or another motor? Pics? Specs? Details?

I doubt it is 1300cc if it is a honda motor. 1300cc is way too big for any air cooled street motor anyway. The biggest I have heard from them is 1090cc. I own a ton of R/C engineering stuff for SOHC cb750s (enough to build a complete 1036cc drag motor plus spares), What do want to know?

Russ collins is still around BTW, he does FI stuff with cars now. You can drop him an e-mail and he seems pretty helpful.

R/C stuff was pretty good back in the day but I have heard from several credible sources that the pistons have started to suffer from strees cracks and other maladays. Basically the really big stuff was meant for drag racing and had very short service lives. The yosh stuff supposedly hold up much better. But hey if your engine runs good run it till she breaks then take the pistons to wiseco and have them make you a new set.

Its a sohc and as soon as i ic it up ill get some specs. It cant be run on the street no fins on the cyclinders and the walls are paper thin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:
    Its a sohc and as soon as i ic it up ill get some specs. It cant be run on the street no fins on the cyclinders and the walls are paper thin.

Is it watercooled? There used to be a trick of welding a plate over the fins and converting the bike to liquid cooling.

snap some pics lets check that biznitch out

well im going on vacation so as soonas i get back on wednsday ill get some pics. And no its not watercooled but that would be a good idea. The bike supposidly ran pretty good.

so not water cooled, and no fins? is it an alcohol drinker?

'72 cb750
    '76 cb550

quote:
    so not water cooled, and no fins? is it an alcohol drinker?

'72 cb750
    '76 cb550
    Could be. However when you consider that it only had to work for 1/4 mile at a time then you could run it on nitromethane and it wouldn't matter.

Unless you are racing drag brackets or vintage drag classes in the NDBA I don't really see the usefulness of a motor like this. You can't use it on the street and Hondas are not tradionally competetive in the same way kawasaki z1s and suzuki GSs are. SOHCs used to rule but once people started to make real hp with the kz900 and 1000 motors even the R/C double and triple engined dragsters couldn't keep up.

Ok i picked up the bike and i will post pics tonight but i saw it has a gerex ignition system. Everything looks to be there which is cool but its all disconected. Anybody got any info on this kit for a 750 or similar bike? Anyone interested in buying it lol

quote:
    Ok i picked up the bike and i will post pics tonight but i saw it has a gerex ignition system. Everything looks to be there which is cool but its all disconected. Anybody got any info on this kit for a 750 or similar bike? Anyone interested in buying it lol

I always am interested in cb750 drag racing parts. you might be too far for me but forward air does ship.....

The gerex ignition (I am not 100% sure on that name) should be a heavy duty magneto similar to a joe hunt, ARD, and others. A real nice thing to have, your bike could be exploding to pieces all around you but as long as that mag keps turning she'll keep firing.

pics doood!

http://community.webshots.com/album/560502207ufyydu Here are some pics. let me know what you think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links