gas crunch! ..."dont shoot the messanger"!!!
Close

This is a discussion on gas crunch! ..."dont shoot the messanger"!!! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; I was driving to work and came upon traffic moving in to the right lane so I moved to the left lane as I saw ...

I was driving to work and came upon traffic moving in to the right lane so I moved to the left lane as I saw at least a 380 some odd pound guy, full helmet and all, on a poor, tired looking, cb200..he was in hot pursuit of tarmac at a blistering 28 miles an hour.
    As he faded steadily in my rear view mirror.
    I know this guy was thinking, how good on gas this bike was but..this whole scene just looked wrong .tires low ,speed low,stomach in his lap...oh the poor poor bike.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

lol he probably was getting worse mileage than a nice cheap and comfortable cavalier would have gotten him.

--------------------------

1978 Yamaha XS400. Stock for now.

Maby he is trying to lose water weight?

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Did you see his brother with him?

who knows what the guy was thinking. maybe he just liked riding he poor tired cb200. my friends and I (when we were 16) used to love beating the crap out of a 50cc honda razz and all of us were over 6'2. It wasn't a gas mileage thing, there was just some perverse joy we got from riding a bike that we had to push to its limits and beyond just to get any practical use out of.

As someone who could use a cb200 to dislodge the dingleberries from the hair of my ass crack, but still rode one anyway - don't count those little buggers out for the count. If it was going 28 it was probably because the bike was out of tune (it needed to be an e sharp and it was a b-flat). I have gotten a cb200 up to 60 with my gi-normous ass on it and I am pretty sure the weight rating on the cb200 is 400lbs max.

I don't ride my cb750 because of the mileage, I ride it because it is fucking fun to ride. The good mileage is just a bonus.

who knows what the guy was thinking. maybe he just liked riding he poor tired cb200. my friends and I (when we were 16) used to love beating the crap out of a 50cc honda razz and all of us were over 6'2. It wasn't a gas mileage thing, there was just some perverse joy we got from riding a bike that we had to push to its limits and beyond just to get any practical use out of.

As someone who could use a cb200 to dislodge the dingleberries from the hair of my ass crack, but still rode one anyway - don't count those little buggers out for the count. If it was going 28 it was probably because the bike was out of tune (it needed to be an e sharp and it was a b-flat). I have gotten a cb200 up to 60 with my gi-normous ass on it and I am pretty sure the weight rating on the cb200 is 400lbs max.

I don't ride my cb750 because of the mileage, I ride it because it is fucking fun to ride. The good mileage is just a bonus.

Hey you never know - he could have been having the time of his life, big grin on his mug, happy to be going somewhere on two wheels. A lot of the VJMC guys are not.... svelte by any measure and those guys love the small bikes/tiddlers. Look at how insane prices have gotten on the 50cc Monkey bikes Honda built. I wouldn't want to regularly commute on one here in Jersey although it might be a pisser to try it. Maybe wear an open faced helmet with a clown wig glued to it and a red clown nose to complete the look........

Jim

Hey you never know - he could have been having the time of his life, big grin on his mug, happy to be going somewhere on two wheels. A lot of the VJMC guys are not.... svelte by any measure and those guys love the small bikes/tiddlers. Look at how insane prices have gotten on the 50cc Monkey bikes Honda built. I wouldn't want to regularly commute on one here in Jersey although it might be a pisser to try it. Maybe wear an open faced helmet with a clown wig glued to it and a red clown nose to complete the look........

Jim

hey at least the twins above are going fast enough to get their pants and shirts blown up to size!

I did see another cb185 this time a classic wine red metallic( what ever that stock color is called) with gold. in very stock original like new condition with a thin elderly guy on it sprinting down to the next light,looked more like he was out for fun!While commuting .

hey at least the twins above are going fast enough to get their pants and shirts blown up to size!

I did see another cb185 this time a classic wine red metallic( what ever that stock color is called) with gold. in very stock original like new condition with a thin elderly guy on it sprinting down to the next light,looked more like he was out for fun!While commuting .

Sponsored Links