How young is too young to teach your kid to ride? - Page 2
Close

How young is too young to teach your kid to ride?

This is a discussion on How young is too young to teach your kid to ride? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: I see learning to ride a motorcycle like learning to handle and shoot a gun, everyone should learn it once in their life and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    quote:
    I see learning to ride a motorcycle like learning to handle and shoot a gun, everyone should learn it once in their life and learn the RIGHT way.

Even when she is older she will have this knowledge and be able to apply the proper safety and riding techniques to situations that will arise (i.e. she won't be the girl in flip flops, cut offs and a corona tank top on the back of a GSXR).

Plus, girls that know how to ride motorcycles are so cool.

...truer words never spoken.

plus, good riders make even better drivers and we could certainly use more of those.

NCNR

Well man, for what its worth i've got two buddies with kids that are 3 and 4 years old. The three year old rides a little electric pocket bike and the 4 year old rides a little 50cc dirt bike. Now both moms approve so thats not an issue. I would say, and this is coming from someone without children that as long as your kid wants to and is physically able to ride than go for it. There is not much thats more fun than watching and riding with a kid. Sounds like you already know that though!

Oh yeah, they make dirtbikes with training wheels...

Well man, for what its worth i've got two buddies with kids that are 3 and 4 years old. The three year old rides a little electric pocket bike and the 4 year old rides a little 50cc dirt bike. Now both moms approve so thats not an issue. I would say, and this is coming from someone without children that as long as your kid wants to and is physically able to ride than go for it. There is not much thats more fun than watching and riding with a kid. Sounds like you already know that though!

Oh yeah, they make dirtbikes with training wheels...

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I was a single mom with one kid (a boy). He first became interested in motorcycles at age 10 and earned the money for one at that time (a Suzuki DS80) I would not have had a problem with it had he been 7. The kid has to be interested and have good bicycle riding skills. It is perfectly safe. I think your situation is that you have to be sure your ex-wife is with you on this otherwise there could be big problems if she thinks it is inappropriate for any reason.

Dreamqueen
    USCRA #305

I was a single mom with one kid (a boy). He first became interested in motorcycles at age 10 and earned the money for one at that time (a Suzuki DS80) I would not have had a problem with it had he been 7. The kid has to be interested and have good bicycle riding skills. It is perfectly safe. I think your situation is that you have to be sure your ex-wife is with you on this otherwise there could be big problems if she thinks it is inappropriate for any reason.

Dreamqueen
    USCRA #305

well i started riding when i was 9 but i have seen interviews with alot of motocross people that started riding when they were 3. my daughter is 4 and i have had her on little 50cc when they come into the shop...all be it she was with me on the bikes, quite a sight. oh yeah she had to have her makeup done when i told her i wanted to film us on the bike....yeah get her the pink helmet and let her rip! i'm getting a little bike this winter for my daughter and she is going to rebuild it with me then next summer she will learn to ride by herself...

just my two cents, if you want i can give you the whole nickel

Ride Fast and Take Chances

well i started riding when i was 9 but i have seen interviews with alot of motocross people that started riding when they were 3. my daughter is 4 and i have had her on little 50cc when they come into the shop...all be it she was with me on the bikes, quite a sight. oh yeah she had to have her makeup done when i told her i wanted to film us on the bike....yeah get her the pink helmet and let her rip! i'm getting a little bike this winter for my daughter and she is going to rebuild it with me then next summer she will learn to ride by herself...

just my two cents, if you want i can give you the whole nickel

Ride Fast and Take Chances

IMO, I think you are the only one that can decide whether she is able to ride yet or not. Just remember that she needs to be interested and you need to look at the situation honestly with yourself. Don't get too wrapped in excitement that you push her to get on before she is truely ready.

About the ex . . . whether you like it or not, you will have to deal with her probably for the rest of your life. She is the mother of your child! And chances are that she can make your life a living hell if you piss her off too much. And that's not including if you kid gets hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if your daughter got hurt that she could try to get full custody due to unfit parenting or puting your childs life in danger.

Remember, (I don't mean this as a shot to dreamqueen) but it is not "perfectly safe". People, especially still developing children, can be seriously hurt "playing" on a dirt bike. Yes, they can still get hurt wearing full gear. I'm not saying this to discourage you, cause I rode 4-wheelers as a kid, but just to truthfully look at the situation.

Best of luck to you and your's.

P.S. None of this is fact and I'm certainly no expert. These are just my opinions so take them as you will.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

IMO, I think you are the only one that can decide whether she is able to ride yet or not. Just remember that she needs to be interested and you need to look at the situation honestly with yourself. Don't get too wrapped in excitement that you push her to get on before she is truely ready.

About the ex . . . whether you like it or not, you will have to deal with her probably for the rest of your life. She is the mother of your child! And chances are that she can make your life a living hell if you piss her off too much. And that's not including if you kid gets hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if your daughter got hurt that she could try to get full custody due to unfit parenting or puting your childs life in danger.

Remember, (I don't mean this as a shot to dreamqueen) but it is not "perfectly safe". People, especially still developing children, can be seriously hurt "playing" on a dirt bike. Yes, they can still get hurt wearing full gear. I'm not saying this to discourage you, cause I rode 4-wheelers as a kid, but just to truthfully look at the situation.

Best of luck to you and your's.

P.S. None of this is fact and I'm certainly no expert. These are just my opinions so take them as you will.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

My daughterd started when she was 2...(just kiddin'). I can't pass up the opportunity to show off my kids.

Both my wife and I ride and the kids (1.5 yr and 4yr) are around bikes all the time. Here is myy daughter a few years ago camping off of T2 at NHIS.

I am going to wait until she is 7 or 8 and if she has interest, I will get her a small 50 or 80cc bike to ride. That is just my choice, since she is a bit shy and at 4 has not expressed an interest to ride. I think the Hadden boys started real young on dirt bikes. Get 'em goin'.

Pete

Yeller'
    ---
    Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links