Top speed/ power band CB750 question - Page 3
Close

Top speed/ power band CB750 question

This is a discussion on Top speed/ power band CB750 question within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; For the oil pan I would. If anything it holds the gasket in place while you are fitting the oil pan and putting it in ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    For the oil pan I would. If anything it holds the gasket in place while you are fitting the oil pan and putting it in place.

Your local bike shop should have some variation of hondabond, yamabond, suzukibond, or the generic silicone version of said compound (it is all the same really).

I usually try to get hondabond if I am working on a honda, but that is because I am uber queer - any of the above will work.

I will caution you about just going into an autoparts store and getting the sealer that way only because there are so many different types of silicone and they keep them all together in the same place so it is easy to get confused and not get the right one.

Honda feels that if a gasket needs to have sealer, they will put it on it. That is why some Honda head gaskets have shiny parts on them. That is Honda sealant. I don't use any sealant on any gaskets that do not have oil under pressure, like clutch covers, oil pans and alternator covers. I may use it on head or base gaskets if I am reusing them. I know that I shouldn't reuse head and base gaskets but sometimes on race bikes I've used all my spares or I'm at the track. Plus I am really extra cheap and do it anyway cause I can make it work. I use Coppercoat on the head gasket and Permatex formagasket on the base. Silicone is evil and will cause horrible problems if it gets into oil passages or pumps. If you want to use sealer then use one of the semi-drying like Hondabond, yamabond or Threebond.

Ken

AHRMA 412
    Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links