cb750 handle bar clamps question - Page 2
Close

cb750 handle bar clamps question

This is a discussion on cb750 handle bar clamps question within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; im just tired of the goofy looking stock one. i was just wondering if there was any reason for that one on eBay not to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    im just tired of the goofy looking stock one. i was just wondering if there was any reason for that one on eBay not to work. like size or hose compatibility, i dont know a lot about master cylinder stuff.

I have seen them on a variety of bikes lately. they just seem alright in terms of quality. I think they are marginal for an older dual disc setup but they may be a little twitchy for a single disc.

honestly, the best way to upgrade your mastercylinder is to go to the bike junkyard or a local independant shop and dig around in their master cylinders for one with the same piston size (stamped on the underside of the housing might be 5/8th or 14mm).

If you were going dual disc I might recommend a cbr929 m/c. Most of the modern honda stuff uses the same banjo bolt.

geeto did you find those clamps?

and what do you mean by "twitchy"

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I have them, didn't get a chance to snap a picture though. I can drop them in the mail to you maybe thursday, friday at the latest.

Still looking for a tank to trade you so I can snatch that tank that matches the side cover.

if the master cylinder is too large, your braking pressure can be...sensitive.

My CB450 project:
    https://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827

Brake master cylinders come in various bore sizes with 11mm to 16mm being common. 11-13mm are typical for single caliper brake systems. 14-16mm is common for dual caliper set-ups. Running a single caliper on a 16mm master cylinder is possible but it's like pushing a thumbtack into cork board by hitting it with a sledgehammer...... Really more force/pressure than you need.

Jim

quote:
    Yeah I have them, didn't get a chance to snap a picture though. I can drop them in the mail to you maybe thursday, friday at the latest.

Still looking for a tank to trade you so I can snatch that tank that matches the side cover.

i dont need pics, if you have pics cool if not it dosent matter as long as they are solid. i will repaint anyway.

i think i might keep my tank, a buddy of mine paints and he said he would do it cheap, so im probably gonna go that route.

Edited by - kawiracer on Sep 26 2007 8:59:56 PM

thanks for the master cylinder info. thats what i was worried about, that it would work, but would maybe be to "strong." i might still try it , i dont know.

any suggestions for "smaller" looking master cylinders at the correct bore size?

awww shiiittttt.

i was going through a box of misc. parts i got from the PO. And guess what I found...

... a pair of super awesome handle bar clamps. i hit them with the wire wheel and they cleaned up real nice.

geeto, dont be mad at me, im just super lucky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links