carpy look out!
Close

carpy look out!

This is a discussion on carpy look out! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem i bought some parts from the builder and saw some of his work. his detail is amazing to say the least. he is looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carpy look out!

carpy look out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...QQcmdZViewItem

i bought some parts from the builder and saw some of his work. his detail is amazing to say the least.
    he is looking for big bucks out of the bike but carpy just sold his bike for 15K.

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!
    I am Derby\'s Bitch

Some times things come around that are so singularly inept it gives you a whole new appreciation for the ept

nice and clean, much cleaner than carpy's stuff.

I just don't understand the 16" rear wheel thing. why? People do all this crossover bobber/ cafe crap, totally retarded. Ditch the fat tire, clubmans and headlight visor. Rig some rear sets and clip-ons and you have a simple, solid 'cafe'.

then again, who cares?

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
    www.NYCvinMoto.com
    www.VinMoto.org

im not crazy about the rear wheel either. builder said it handles like shit with it too

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

where do you think he got those front and rear turn signals?

I duno...how pretty does it 'ave to be when you're busy harpooning whales, yuppies and objects d'art?

To me, Mr. Carpy's stuff is much more balanced than this bike. It does seem very well detailed, but I categorically disagree with the small rear rim...above anything else, it's the wheels that makes a bike. they have to be right. 16" rears hurt my eyes and say "Chopper" which leads to "Chlamydia"

Everything else seems okay. Is it allright if I say Clubman h-bars are kinda dumb?

Edited by - shortshift on Sep 25 2007 04:06:24 AM

carpy does one thing that this guy doesn't do - he makes his bikes rideable. With clubmans and stock pegs that bike is a torture rack. If you look at carpy's bikes they vast majority of them have rearsets and a proper riding position.

It is a pretty bike, excellent craftsmanship, and a lot of neat details but it is shit in the rideability department.

It didn't sell last time, what makes him so sure it will sell this time.

probably nothing, but it is pretty cheap advertising at $30.00 (listing fee) for your shop.

texy

i'm with rosko and geeto 100%

...despite how clean it is, without rearests, it's simply just another style inspired fashion accessory. every detail my ass.

NCNR

That bike is pretty nice, all it needs is rearsets and ditch the silly headlight cover. The rear tire, well, the important thing is that it has one, IMO.

Clearly, he did put a lot of time and money into that bike.

My CB450 project:
    https://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827

Edited by - borzwazie on Sep 25 2007 12:05:01 PM

The 16" rear tire was a popular back in the day mod for cb750 cafe racers and choppers for two reasons:

1) it gave the bike a fat tire look that is more in line with the look of american muscle cars and top fuel dragsters; and

2) it was the easiest way to get a wider tire on the back of a cb750. Back then nobody made a 150 18" motorcycle tire unless it was a drag or roadrace slick. Volkswagens used a 4 and 5 inch tire on 16" steel rims that had somewhat of a rounded profile (perrellis were really close to a motorcycle tire in profile), so people looking to put a beefy tire on their bike in the early 70's would lace the honda hub to a harley rim and get a tire meant for a volkswagen. Believe it or not this was considered somewhat of a performance upgrade, but you also have to consider this was the era of triangular performance and racing motorcycle tires. By 1974 wider rims and tires were more commonly availabe and this became more of a looks thing.

I kinda like the little headlight lip, but I am silly like that.

I wonder if the guy sells seats like that, I could use one. You are right tex, that is good advertising and pretty cheap too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links