New guy - Page 2
Close

New guy

This is a discussion on New guy within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; That poor bike looks sooo lonely, parked amidst all those stinkin' Harleys. What happened to the bags? Let us (me) know if you want to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New guy

That poor bike looks sooo lonely, parked amidst all those stinkin' Harleys. What happened to the bags? Let us (me) know if you want to sell 'em.

That is a really nice lookin' bike. I might be tempted to leave it as is, too. Although superbike bars are pretty awesome.

my cl350 used to real clean and pretty in stock condition and i thought it would be sacrilege to strip it till i realized that the 350's really aren't that rare. these bikes were one of the best selling bikes honda ever produced, hence the 20 sumodd pages of bikes and parts listed on ebay.

i would recommend putting some euro bars or something and riding it around before you drop the bars lower but it is your bike and i'd do what ever you want with it just do it right the first time. my last suggestion is that unless you have an abundance of free space to store it all and really think you might put all the old shit back on it sell it all on ebay a clean tank seat and side covers will help pay for a lot of the other things you want to do to the bike.

...connoisseur of slack...

I am planing on painting a different tank and there will be no side covers on the bike. I have already removed the sissy bar from the bike. The handle bars are definitely been replaced. I have already order a seat for the bike. I am just waiting for some parts to come in to begin the build process. The front of the bike will have a disk brake installed from a 1973 cb350. The engine will be painted black with the fins polished and the engine covers maybe chromed. The pipes are going to be re-chromed as well as the front forks.

Thanks for all of the compliments and suggestions for the bike.

I did what last night !!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

what are you doing about rearsets?

yeah and what are your plans for the saddle bags/luggage.......

i'll get in line behind judy.........

it is a very nice looking bike as is......be careful not to fuck it up!

texy

Here are a few helpful websites I used to build my CB350 race bike.(Are you planning on racing it? if not, these sites may not be too useful)......also despite the crap these guys give ya in this forum, they know their shit....well most of them.

http://www.motorcycleshopper.com/art...0/foreword.htm

http://www.eurospares.com/350faq.htm

Yeller'
    ---
    Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

Edited by - Pete Casper on Oct 01 2007 11:41:47 AM

Welcome aboard.

My first bike was a 350F, boy did I love her. Good luck on the project. Keep the pictures rolling.

-chiro18

I have the saddle bags, the only problem is that I am missing one of the lids. About two weeks ago it flew off on the freeway going about 90 mph. It was my mistake for not making sure the cover was closed properly. But if any one wants them I will send them the cases if your willing to pay for the shipping. You could probably have some one make a copy of the the other lid out of fiberglass. They have the rear tails lights installed with turn signals. I also have all of the hardware for mounting onto a CB.

Send me an email [email protected] in regards to the saddle bags.

I did what last night !!!!

i will wait to see what judyramone wants to do as he expressed interest in them first. if he isn't interested, i am and will gladly pay the shipping.

thanks for the reply,

tex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links