NYTIMES Obits (Bud Ekins)
Close

This is a discussion on NYTIMES Obits (Bud Ekins) within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Bud Ekins passed away over the weekend. You might remember him as the guy who jumped the Triumph motorcycle over the fence in the Steve ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bud Ekins passed away over the weekend. You might remember him as the guy who jumped the Triumph motorcycle over the fence in the Steve McQueen movie "The Great Escape". One of the best WWII movies out there (along with "Kelly's Heros")

Now he and Steve McQueen can run together for eternity.

Yeller'
    ---
    Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!

also wisconsin's football team apparently died at happy valley this weekend.

PSU 38 - wisconsin 7........brutal!

(i've been waiting to get that in.)

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

Bud also drove the green mustang in Bullett. Because he looked so much like McQueen they used him a lot for Steve's movies.

He also did stunts for the bluse brothers, 1941, Animal House (and yes he rode D-day's chopper though the frat house), electraglide in blue, then came bronson, and the love bug, among others.

Despite his relativle pop culture obsucrity, an era comes to an end with his passing.

And wisconsin football's death was not nearly as savage or brutal as the death suffered by LSU at the hands of kentucky. The last time Kentucky beat a no.1 team was 1964 fer chrissakes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

quote:
    also wisconsin's football team apparently died at happy valley this weekend.

PSU 38 - wisconsin 7........brutal!

(i've been waiting to get that in.)

texy

Tex - oh, that is just kicking a guy in the balls! I am still and always will be a Wisconsin Badger! Too bad Pen State has never strung a series of wins together even approaching 14. When was the last time the Nitpick Lions made it to the Rose bowl...1995? Oh, next time Joe shows up at Camp Randal...we are going to take out his other knee! The "Badgers" that played on Saturrday were missing three key players due to injuries... and very one dimensional. So, Penn State should not be too happy. By the way, what is a Nittany? I am quite sure a Badger could kill a Nittany in any fight... For those of you who are not College football fans, Penn State = Clubman bars and Wisconsin = clip ons!

Look!, even smart people agree that Penn State is bad!

Yeller'
    ---

Edited by - Pete Casper on Oct 15 2007 1:14:26 PM

Anybody remember when Joe Pat got a case of the trots right in the middle of a game??

Not funny but kinda funny.

Honda go sideways!

joe pa has been coaching since 1966......

798 division 1-a coaches have been fired, quit, or retired in that same time.....

he has the most wins of any coach in division 1-a......With Penn State's latest win over Wisconsin, Joe Paterno has a career record of 368 wins, 123 losses, and 3 ties.

coach bret bulemia (wrech....wrech....vomit....speuuuw....) can't even come close in three lifetimes, no matter how much alverez massages his balls!

the gauntlet has been thrown!

wisconsin blows man yogurt all over bucky the hedgehog!

psu rules!

-tex paterno

by the way....bud "the nittany" eakins went to penn state.....

yep, he wore the blue and white!

oh and he spells his last name E-A-K-I-N-S!

(he majored in arts and letters)

bitches!

texy

Tex - you got to admit that the picture is pretty funny! Anyway, Bret Bielema has one of the best rookie coach starting records in all of sports! He has only lost 3 games since he started as head coach last year! So, when Bret is the same age as Joe P., what is that 100 years old, I am sure his record will be better. Bret may actually decide to progress his career and go on to coach professional ball, something Joe P. seems have been too affraid to do! Peace brother!

Yeller'
    ---

the picture is real funny.

touche'!

tex

I know this is an old but I've been gone for a week and I'm still catching up.

quote:
    By the way, what is a Nittany? I am quite sure a Badger could kill a Nittany in any fight...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Nittany

Unless a stupid Badger could kill a mountain . . .

PS I don't give a crap about college fooseball, and I hate Penn State (mostly because so many people love it). I just like to fan the flames.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links