Cafe Racer Forum banner

i love my xr

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
i gotta throw a prop out to aaron. man, i love this little bike. i did my clutch yesterday and finally got the rev box in. im lazy, what can i say. i set up chris' bike with a new brake perch and throttle cable and tuned it. the thing runs great. and talk about revvy. anyway, this thing is so fun. i would have never bought one if it hadnt been for the barn party a couple of years ago. everyone should buy one. so much fun stuff you can do with them.

any of you guys have the bbr cradle?? other than rob? ive been reading i should have it for the motor. since the frame gets tweaked. god this little bike is fun.

01xr100
bbr 120 kit
big gun revbox
bbr springs
bbr pipe
takegawa clutch
plastic squeeky duck horn

jc

#3 ·
Yeah, XR100's rule. We got my son's for him when he was 11, for $700. We did the top end on it, added an XR's Only exhaust and a 16" front wheel, and proceeded to flog it through two full seasons of flattracking, plus another five seasons of pitbike, yard racing, ice racing and occasional flattrack racing.
Then we put the original front wheel back on and we've been racing around the yard at just about every opportunity we can.
We've also had more people take their first ride on a motorcycle ever, on this bike, than I can count.
It's pretty worn out.

FR

#6 ·
I've been inspired by Aaron and some other peeps that have backyard tracks, to extend my own backyard track some more. It used to be literally just in the grass yard. Now I've cleared some of the woods on either side of the yard, still on my property, and I've added some obstacles, (logs) into the mix. It's about 3/10ths of a mile according to my bike computer. Woods, grass, dirt, logs, mud, leaves, climbs and descents. Sort of a mini enduro track.
It's pretty cool, I can rip around for as long as I want. The neighbors can't complain as long as it's during the day, we sometimes have to listen to their dogs bark all day, but I just smile.

FR

#7 ·
I've been inspired by Aaron and some other peeps that have backyard tracks, to extend my own backyard track some more. It used to be literally just in the grass yard. Now I've cleared some of the woods on either side of the yard, still on my property, and I've added some obstacles, (logs) into the mix. It's about 3/10ths of a mile according to my bike computer. Woods, grass, dirt, logs, mud, leaves, climbs and descents. Sort of a mini enduro track.
It's pretty cool, I can rip around for as long as I want. The neighbors can't complain as long as it's during the day, we sometimes have to listen to their dogs bark all day, but I just smile.

FR

#9 ·
i just found out they run indoors at the local indoor gocart track. its the same kind of place as that place that used to be near boston. the f1boston place. 4 hours in the morning for like 40 bucks. i dunno if im ever actually going to do it, as its kind of a pain the ass to get there, but just something for you boston locals to think about.

heres the place nearest me

http://www.allsportsgp.com/

looks slippery

jc

#8 ·
i just found out they run indoors at the local indoor gocart track. its the same kind of place as that place that used to be near boston. the f1boston place. 4 hours in the morning for like 40 bucks. i dunno if im ever actually going to do it, as its kind of a pain the ass to get there, but just something for you boston locals to think about.

heres the place nearest me

http://www.allsportsgp.com/

looks slippery

jc

#10 ·
rode the xr today for a few hours. conditions were great. i havent ridden that well ever. hmmm....i actually used an entire tank of gas to the reserve. ive never done that. tons of fun. i even took the camera, and of course took no pics.

thanks for goin jb. hope you had fun. you gotta not back off and let me by so easy though. more fun to bump and bash bars!!

jc

#11 ·
hehe, relax, it was my first time..... next time, i'll kick your ass! j/k. seriously though, i thought i did purdy good for being a virgin of the dirt games.. but anyway, i gotta say that Joe sold me on them little XR's. i'm gonna be on the lookout for one or two soon enough.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.