Where should I go with my project - Page 2
Close

Where should I go with my project

This is a discussion on Where should I go with my project within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Altough I'm still kinda partial to the viper even though its been done alot The maier fairing looks like a bit cooler 22/m 1980 Honda ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Altough I'm still kinda partial to the viper even though its been done alot

The maier fairing looks like a bit cooler

22/m
    1980 Honda CB750
    1972 Oldsmobile 442

Here's my maier:

Same one you have in the pics but it took 20 hours of filling and sanding to get her super smooth like you see it on my bike. Fiberglass so wavy I thought I saw Laird Hamilton on the middle of the right side.

That looks really great on your bike, but I don't think it would fit my bikes profile. I'm seriously considering the RZ350 fairing or perhaps the viper fairing, I would have to do something custom with that though, maybe mold the turn signals into it and maybe the mirrors too.

So far I've changed everything on my bike, might as well be that too. The gas tank is probably getting a flush mount gas cap or one off of a modern sport bike

22/m
    1980 Honda CB750
    1972 Oldsmobile 442

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I think a solo seat and a quarter fairing would go with the tank.The seat is heavey and the little spoiler well I dont like them .
    I know the wheels kick you up the modern ladder a little but the tank is a throw back, so its overall styling is on the fence and Id fall back in time instead of ahead.
    I always think of that old school race look and always try to get that tiny and short as hell chopped off seat look. The quarter fairing would get you out of that seen it before look .

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

A solo seat is out of the question cause that would just piss my girlfriend off

22/m
    1980 Honda CB750
    1972 Oldsmobile 442

quote:
    quote:
    Are you gonna change the tail and seat??? That would be my next step.

New rear sets repositioned?

Maybe some new wheels

I'd also personally lose the bottom fairing and the battery covers.

Just my 2 cents...

yawn....psyco's bike is "different". None of the stuff you mentioned is stock stuff - it is all stuff he has added. it's not "traditional" cafe bike look he is after.

Meh whatever. Do i know him or what sort of bike he is after? He asked for opinions and i gave one.

My wife asks all the time "hey! where do I sit"
    I just answer "you dont like the way I drive anyway"
    A old school classic manx "as in bobbed tail cat look" is always the way to go for me.I know you want something more stock looking.That to me is just a street bike,and nothing wrong with that.I just like them all to look like old race bikes Its what got me into them and its what makes me stay with the same style, its just kick ass .No chicks on my bike just me and a good relaxing twisty road and the sound of the motor and brakes.
    So sorry Im not much help,looks like what your trying for will be a good looking bike.

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

Well this is my street bike, I do have another bike in the works, that will be a single seater, mono shock, big front brakes, true cafe bike.

22/m
    1980 Honda CB750
    1972 Oldsmobile 442

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links