So lets upgrade this forum?!?
Close

This is a discussion on So lets upgrade this forum?!? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So i know i am a little "new" to be all for this and to be pushing it. But i think this forum is lacking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So i know i am a little "new" to be all for this and to be pushing it. But i think this forum is lacking all the cool stuff forums can do plkus all the sweet security.

Now dont get me wrong i love it here. this is the only bike forum i read. who is in charge here?. I would love to get this project going and help it come to life.Through the car stuff i d i know tons of trust worthy nerds who could have us on the straight and narrow in hours. But i dont want to step on toes... what do you guys say?

I will gladlly donate if someone ele ison this so we can get the proper stuff that wont let the bots r wild in here.
    ok now im rambling..

----------------------------
    http://www.driftalliance.com

yeah we have been saying the same thing.....

come on jd.....whattya wanna do?

texy

http://groups.google.com/group/PhillyVinMoto

I AGREE 100% Ride it if you like it. Snow=dedication.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I have no idea what forum software costs...but I'm in for a $50 donation if it's a one time purchase and doesn't need to be leased.

If I remember correctly some of the problem is with the service provider. This forum runs on an ISP server I think, not a dedicated server at someones home/business. So the upgrade would probably have to be coordinated with the service provider...which could get complicated....or something...I don't really know.

I do know the guys the run the outfit ...JD, Aaron etc. have serious full time jobs, plus run NHF racing too.
    JohnnyB

JD
    I hear ya guys. Borzwazie has offered to help upgrade the software and I'm going to take him up on it. I just haven't had time to talk to him yet and get rolling.

And I appreciate all the offers to donate. It's more of a time issue than money. I should also take the opportunity to say how cool it is that so many of you come here every day to contribute and just enjoy the forum. It's getting to the point where I can't even keep up with all the topics most days. I think some of you have too much time on your hands.

JD

JD, when and if you need the money, just ask, I know the bros here are good for a couple hundred.
    JohnnyB

I can toss in too when needed, just time wise the spam is getting hard to fight and another attack like onlinequotepro and it will be hard to put the forum back together.

This an important discussion. IT IS FREE TO UP GRADE THE FORUM. IT WOULD REQUIRE AN ARMATURE ABOUT 6 HOURS OF WORK, OR AN EXPERT ABOUT 2 HOURS OF WORK to upgrade the forum to an up-to-date "PHPbb 2.x" forum. These can easily employ some solid anti-hack and anti-spam measures.

The software is free, and most web servers/ hosting companies have a simple 1-click installation available for server administrators.

We might need to start over with all new content, but we could easily have all the same categories. It also might not look exactly the same, and the formating (stuff like hot links and posting pictures) would work a little differently, but this is minor stuff.

peace and grease
    -fang

'70 Suzuki T350
    Download The Fang.mp3 HERE

as soon as JD and I can get together on this, we're going to work it out. web servers are what I do for a living...

My CB450 project:
    https://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links