ebay trader screwed me!
Close

ebay trader screwed me!

This is a discussion on ebay trader screwed me! within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Few weeks back i bid on some stuff, then some more of the same stuff came up from another trader, so just in case i ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

ebay trader screwed me!

Few weeks back i bid on some stuff, then some more of the same stuff came up from another trader, so just in case i missed out on the first stuff i bid on the second lot of stuff too,I set my max bid for both lots of stuff, then i get a message from some dude saying that last time his stuff sold for more and i should up my bid.I said stuff you! and next thing i know both lots of stuff went straight to max bid,That sort of stuff is not coincedence me thinks. But then Im new to ebay trading so my story is probably not that new to regular users i suspect,Id just like to know how common that stuff is.

not that common (shill bidding is but getting a message before it happens is not), report to ebay and let the seller get banned, make sure you forward the e-mail he sent you.

not that common (shill bidding is but getting a message before it happens is not), report to ebay and let the seller get banned, make sure you forward the e-mail he sent you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Yeah, eBay is really,really good about following up on stuff like that. I successfully got money back a couple of times from shady sellers that sent me crap which appeared nothing like the description/pictures.

Yeah, eBay is really,really good about following up on stuff like that. I successfully got money back a couple of times from shady sellers that sent me crap which appeared nothing like the description/pictures.

I don't think I've ever been screwed on ebay once. About 200 purches.

And what would you report that seller for....offering good advice?

And if the guy doesn't want to sell his stuff...and has it shill bidded out of your range...so what, buy someone else's stuff.

Shill bidding has no effect on smart buyers that aren't looking to steal something for nothing. I bid what I'm willing to pay...and pay happily...so I don't care if there are shill bids or not. Let a shill over bid me and the seller ends up buying his own stuff and paying ebay fees for it, doesn't hurt me one lick, I'll just buy someone else's stuff.

Shill bidding works against newbs that want a $100 item for $5 and are disappointed when they don't get it. If you are serious about an item...you bid what you want to pay, if it goes over that price then someone else wanted it more than you OR the buyer shill bidded and bought his own items.

I NEVER get in a bidding war with someone, I place ONE bid, and it's the max price I'm willing to happily pay...if it goes over that I could care less and move on to the next auction.
    JohnnyB

I don't think I've ever been screwed on ebay once. About 200 purches.

And what would you report that seller for....offering good advice?

And if the guy doesn't want to sell his stuff...and has it shill bidded out of your range...so what, buy someone else's stuff.

Shill bidding has no effect on smart buyers that aren't looking to steal something for nothing. I bid what I'm willing to pay...and pay happily...so I don't care if there are shill bids or not. Let a shill over bid me and the seller ends up buying his own stuff and paying ebay fees for it, doesn't hurt me one lick, I'll just buy someone else's stuff.

Shill bidding works against newbs that want a $100 item for $5 and are disappointed when they don't get it. If you are serious about an item...you bid what you want to pay, if it goes over that price then someone else wanted it more than you OR the buyer shill bidded and bought his own items.

I NEVER get in a bidding war with someone, I place ONE bid, and it's the max price I'm willing to happily pay...if it goes over that I could care less and move on to the next auction.
    JohnnyB

While I agree with your reasoning Johnny, as per ebay rules you are entitled to bid without shills jacking the price up. And just because you are willing to pay the max amount doesn;t mean you have to be happy about being cheated out of paying a lower amount you were entitled to pay had the rules not been broken.

While I agree with your reasoning Johnny, as per ebay rules you are entitled to bid without shills jacking the price up. And just because you are willing to pay the max amount doesn;t mean you have to be happy about being cheated out of paying a lower amount you were entitled to pay had the rules not been broken.

Portland, Oregon. (But not the hipster douchebag part of town.)
    Shill bidders. Get used to them. Like Mr. Branson said, bid what you're willing to pay and accept it if someone outbids you.
    What torks me are the people who end auctions early. I was high bidder for a rare Triumph performance piece when on the 6th day of a 10 day auction the seller ended it. I e-mailed him to find out what was up and was told he got an offer he couldn't refuse. Oh well, the idiot sold it for about 1/3 less then my maximum bid.

Cheers, Bret @ Glass from the Past

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links