Has anyone cafe'd a CB200?
Close

This is a discussion on Has anyone cafe'd a CB200? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; This weekend I picked up a pretty ratty CB200 (along with two more 550Ks). About the only positive words I can say about the little ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This weekend I picked up a pretty ratty CB200 (along with two more 550Ks). About the only positive words I can say about the little CB is that the engine isn't froze up! Does anyone have experience cafeing one of these little jewels?
    I'm thinking about utilizing perhaps a 250 Ninja front end as well as an aluminum swingarm from the Ninja. Honestly though I'd like to retain spoked wheels.
    Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Jim

My dog is concerned about the economy. ALPO is up to 99-cents a can. That's almost $7 in dog money.
    My dog is concerned about the economy. ALPO is up to 99-cents a can. That\'s almost $7 in dog money.

That'd be pretty cool!

Speaking of 250s... if you need a shock from one. I have a shock sitting in my garage from the 250 to go with the swing arm that has less than 2000 miles on it (swapped it out for a ZX600 Shock on my 250 to improve the suspension) if you end up needing a shock for it.

Cool ideas. Post up some pics? I'd love to see it!

Corse Per Vita,
    -Derek

There are a few running around,but they didn't import them here for very long so you just don't see as many as say a CB750/350/550 etc.
    I'll be doing one this Summer after I get some other projects done first.
    They are good little bikes,but I'm switching the front wheel over to drum brake since I already have another wheel off a CB350. Most owners give the stock mechanical disc a thumbs down.

https://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5488

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

My mom cafe'd a CB200 once.

we used to have a member with a cb200 with low bars, and champ had a really clean one he sold at mid-ohio.

Considering they use ninja 250 parts to hop up bigger bikes (like kawasaki h1s and such) I am not sure anything is going to fit without major mods. It might be easier to fab an aluminum box swingarm from scratch than get something with a drastically wider frame to fit.

I think that what you are going to find once you get the 200 running that although they are cool ride for putzing around town they are kinda slow (really slow) and not worth the effort. Save the expensive mods for the bigger bikes and try to just make the little 200 the lightest street bike you can. I can almost guarantee that you won't be saving any weight using those ninja parts on such a small bike.

Geeto67:
    I realize that I won't be making any really significant improvements to the little CB. However, I feel that utilizing a more up-to-date front suspension can only help. I'll match the weight of the donor front end to the weight of the 200 and take it from there. Obviously it wouldn't take too much to drastically improve the front suspension on this scooter.
    I am rebuilding a 1974 Kawasaki Z1 and have installed a complete front end from a 1988 ZX11C. It gives me a better ride, more braking power and is visually a LOT better looking that the original suspension. As you know, even superbikes from the 70s basically had bicycle tires on them. On my Z1 I have also implemented a different swingarm so that I can run a fatter rear tire.
    Granted, the 200 will hardly benefit from a fatter rear tire.
    BUT haveing a boxed aluminum swingarm will absolutely increase the "Cool Factor."
    Just my 2 cents.

My dog is concerned about the economy. ALPO is up to 99-cents a can. That's almost $7 in dog money.

i had a CB200. great little bike. there was on we talked about on ebay a while back all cafe'd out.
    im not one for the vintage bike with modern rears, but thats what makes bike building fun...something different.

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

JS

champ!!!
    Man that is one beautiful 200T!!!!!!!!!!
    That pic alone has made me have a change of heart as to how far I want to take the rebuild. JFC!
    Thanks for your input.
    To be honest with you, I actually plan on selling the T as soon as I get her presentable. I just figured the small cosmetic upgrades would offer a bit higher resale value (unless the potential buyer was a purist).
    Care to elaborate on that exhaust system?
    Kudos my friend. Kudos!

Not my bike so I can't comment on the mods. I know the 200 is not the quickest bike around but I have always been found of their looks. I still have mine and plan to do some stuff to it

JS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links