Mexico Trip
Close

Mexico Trip

This is a discussion on Mexico Trip within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; It seems a year or so ago someone here or on the USCRA board was talking about riding a bike from Texas down into central ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexico Trip

Mexico Trip

It seems a year or so ago someone here or on the USCRA board was talking about riding a bike from Texas down into central america.

While I am not going that far, I plan on entering Mexico at the Pharr/Reynosa bridge and then driving as far as I can into Mexico in one day, hang out a day, then drive back to meet a mission team I am leading. We build little houses in poor neighborhoods, and this year dodge bullets from the cartel wars.

Anyone here ever been a ways into Mexico??--I am looking for a colonial mountain village, nice plaza with a church on one end and a small cheap hotel on the other, a nice outside resturant to enjoy a cervesa or two, served by tall thin darkeyed senoritas.........., or maybe the same thing on the beach with the beer served by a tall thin darkeyed senorita in a bikini....

I have been spending a month each year in Mexico for the past 10 years, but never got more than 30 miles inland.

Jack

Edited by - Jackc on Feb 06 2008 8:51:11 PM

Jack,
    J aka Mr. Beth is going down to mexico... maybe that's who you are thinking of?

I do know some folks who spend time down in chiapas, but there aint no bikinis or cervesas...

BORN TO LURK, FORCED TO WORK.
    www.NYCvinMoto.com
    www.VinMoto.org

Jack: I use to read blogs off of this site awhile back and contemplated writing a few about my trips around southern South America on my yamaha 125. Anyway, there are a few good stories about trips into Mexico. Too bad you can't get to la Barranca del Cobre (Copper Canyon) in one day from your entry point. That place is neat.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/gre...02-11-30.shtml

exhito, mi hermano. Vios con suerte y cervesa, por si tu tienes los dos, tu no necesitas el dios. Basta! Basta!

Pedro!

Yeller'
    ---
    "People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

Edited by - Pete Casper on Feb 07 2008 12:40:58 PM

Edited by - Pete Casper on Feb 07 2008 12:43:56 PM

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

mikeo/dirt pete does it, hes actually on his way south right now. and time courts i think has ridden all of the way into south america. at least central america. you can drop mike o a note. hes checking his mail.

jc

i dont know shit

thanks guys!

Pete, my spanish isn't as good as yours, but I figured out everything you said except the "Basta Basta". Translation please.

my spanish can get by in the present tense, in good situations. A guy could be telling me that he was going to cut off my balls and fry them up,and as long as he had a smile on his face and a cordial tone to his voice, I would wonder what game he wanted to play with a pelota.

Jack; I lived there for a year in Mexico city back in the '70s. Guanajuato and Guadalajara both fit the description you gave. Can't remember how far south of the border they are. No beaches though; they are inland. They are not small towns however. Try to stay away from american tourist places like San Miguel de Allende and all the places on the pacific coast within a day's drive from the border; I hear it's just an extension of the US in that area now. Bring plenty of cash for "la Mordita".

Zijuatanejo used to be a great little beach town but it's all developed with hotels and stuff now.

Dreamqueen
    USCRA #305

DQ,

We are headed down the East coast, thinking about about somewhere maybe around Monterry or Saltillo.

Please translate "La Mordita"

It should be an intersting trip.

Jack

what a loooonnngggg strange trip it's beeen . . . . . (name that band)
    let us know what happens.

I'm slow and not so evel

Grateful Dead

quote:
    Please translate "La Mordita"
    Bribes. All transactions are negotiable. I overheard a vendor talking to his friends after some american tourists bought some tourist crap pottery from him. He went around the corner and was laughing with his friends about how much he charged for some crappy pottery, but came back with a straight face, and was polite to them in very good english.

Most mexicans expect american's can't speak spanish, so they'll lie to your face and make fun of you as you walk away. At least in the tourist towns they do. Everyone's hustling something. Rather annoying if you're just trying to relax.

Stay out of the tourist towns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links