vintage racing in chopper mags
Close

This is a discussion on vintage racing in chopper mags within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; the new 'iron horse' magazine has an article on the NYCvinMoto/ Works Engineering vintage motorcycle extravaganza we did last August. Some pictures and a two ...

the new 'iron horse' magazine has an article on the NYCvinMoto/ Works Engineering vintage motorcycle extravaganza we did last August. Some pictures and a two page shot of my not pretty cb350 racer. Probably not worth buying but worth a browse in the magazine shop.

JD
    That's kind of funny. I was at borders the other day flipping through The Horse and ran across this bike in the readers rides section.
    https://www.caferacer.net/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5091

Kind of ironic that a good friend of mine had some artwork in one of the hot rod mags and there was an article about the spec fuel at Loudon in LRRS last season in Roadracing World, no Zack pics though. If I picked up Iron Horse that would have been four mags.

JD

leo
    The Horse also did a piece a year or so ago about the Cafe scene in London during the 50's and 60's to present. The Ace Cafe, racing on the North Circular, Mods and Rockers, the music, the whole bit. Had a pic of a gorgeous Triton cafe (in a "chopper" mag?), with the caption "who wouldn't mind throwing a leg over this beauty". I like the Horse and buy it once in a while for a change of pace; different ideas and interpretations. They seem to be much more open minded, cool is cool. No one style of bike, or the guys that build them have a monopoly on cool. In this day and age of marketing, media factions, and our need to label everything to the nth degree, nice to somebody keeping it about bikes, not bullshit.

Cheers- Leo

ps- didn't mean to turn this post into an editorial, just happens sometimes

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

leo
    ROSCO,
    BTW- congrats on becoming a subculture media darling. Please don't abuse your new position of celebrity with a visit to rehab or a nasty tabloid breakup.

Cheers- Leo

My BSA chopper will be in the next issue of the Horse. Todd from Iron Horse emailed me about my Triton, they want to print an article when the build is done.

leo
    nardi1,
    Cool.

Leo

rosko congrats.
    its a good feeling when your stuff makes it in a mag.i just read the issue a few days before this post.when the mag first came out it was real good.it seems to be headed to a more higher end chopper mag.it still some cool bikes .cb350 racer and the bare metal Norton with hidden rear shock.

Sponsored Links