1986 honda magna v45
Close

1986 honda magna v45

This is a discussion on 1986 honda magna v45 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; 1986 honda magna v45 Anybody think I can get a sporty look outta a V4 beast that has a shafy drive?...

1986 honda magna v45

1986 honda magna v45 Anybody think I can get a sporty look outta a V4 beast that has a shafy drive?

FR
    I'm not confident, but I'd love to see you try...

FR
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

I found one for a hundred bucks. I searched images and all I saw was big cruisers[xx(] Im still searching kinda wanted a cafe or flattrack bike i love the look and now I was promised a small corner of the shop where I work so I asked around and got this bike offered up first not sure on the water cooled V4 with shaft drive it's alot of stuff going on in a "simple" bike

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

I think it can be done. Consider the tank off of an 82 VF750 Sabre. A much better place to start. I don't like leading axle forks on a cafe bike so look for some from a 83 - 85 750 interceptor. Stll conventional forks but a lot beefier looking.Plus they use stock clip-ons that can be mounted under the top triple clamp for a range of heights. I think you are on your own for a seat, but you should be able to find something. I think pipes for an interceptor either stock or aftermarket could work or be slightly modified to work. Get some longer shocks to raise the rear end up and quicken up the steering. The rear wheel off an early GL1000 might work. I am not sure if the drive splines in the hub are the same or interchangeable. But that would give you a 17" wire spoked alloy wheel and I suspect with some spacer and disc swapping you could make the front wheel off a GL1000 or CB750A work for the same look. Might be cool.

Ken
    WERA 119
    CCS 119
    CRA 119
    AHRMA not anymore
    \"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once.\"
    Evan Esar
    Newbies, Geeto and Tex (Bye Tex)hate me!!

If you want any engine work done, and you do not want to DIY, I suggest you contact John Ganey at PCW racing in Schenectady. He is into dragbikes, and mostly V-Max engines, but from what I have seen in his shop, there were a few Magna engines around.

http://www.pcwracing.net/

Sponsored Links