new member - Page 3
Close

This is a discussion on new member within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; Doesn't look like a cb350 tank on that green bike. Looks cb360 to me. Not that it matters, since it's gettin' shitcanned....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: new member

Doesn't look like a cb350 tank on that green bike. Looks cb360 to me. Not that it matters, since it's gettin' shitcanned.
    Many a man who falls in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl. - Evan Esar

the tank is either a 1970s 350 or 360 tank. it's not even mounted, it's way too big for the bike. it sits right up behind the handlebars, you can hardly turn them!

tex is a little biased on cosmo. since he rode for them etc....

im prtty sure that is a 350 tank on yer bike.

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

welcome aboard, glad you scored that bike. I kept seeing it listed on craigslist, pretty tempting even at that distance because it's a cb350"k-zero" which has the hotter cam, good stuff. Get yourself a factory manual (fuck clymer and hayes) and you'll be off to a great start. Or download one here: ftp://ftp.manuals.homeftp.net/Manual...%20250-350.pdf
    For parts always try here first as we all have spares, when you need NOS go to Western Hills Honda.

or something like that.

I just recently brought a CB350 back to life after two decades of neglect. If you run into any problems or have questions, drop me a line. I pretty much went through the whole bike, so I'm well versed with their insides and inner workings. They're top notch little bikes.
    -the Rad Baron
    -\'72 CB350
    -\'72 Kawasaki H1
    -\'72 Yamaha R5/RD350 hybrid
    -\'77 XS650
    -\'47 Harley U flathead
    -a bunch of other old Jap bikes

Welcome to the board. I have family in Philly and Boston. I'm hoping to make a East coast trip this summer. I just may have to take you up on the seat work. You wouldn't happen to be able to repair crashed leathers now would you?

thanks everyone for the help!!
    i can fix leathers, depending on the damage. if you've got a picture i'll be able to tell ya. if anyone needs anything sewn, feel free to email me!

It's just a few cuts, and some torn seem or two. I'll snap some pictures.

wow, thats a fat cam model eh??? cool! yeah, you have the wrong tank. you should have the "square" tank. the type ones with the early cam and head are hard to come by now a days. thats a kind of a nice find. if you pull the engine out for any reason, be sure to check the cam lobes. if they arent pitted, its quite a desirable piece for racing a stocker. and the followers are just as important. and the early head ports have a lower ceiling i believe. so for porting, they are preferred. you can tell if its an early head by the exhaust studs. 6mm is the early head. 8 mill is the later.

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

i dig the tanks on the '69 350s, they were more square and had the rubber knee pads. i'm not sure why the previous owner replaced the tank with a later model tank, it's in awful condition and doesn't fit. the engine is perfect, now. i cleaned the carbs the day i bought the bike, and just got new slide diaphragms in the mail. now to see if the ignition coils are salvagable... the point where the spark plug wires connect to the coils is coming off, but only the rubber casing around the wires. the wires are really holding in there!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links