TW200
Close

TW200

This is a discussion on TW200 within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; So, my bank f-ed up my loan paperwork on my 599. I was too pissed at them to try again, not to mention that this ...

Thread: TW200

TW200

So, my bank f-ed up my loan paperwork on my 599. I was too pissed at them to try again, not to mention that this was the second 599 I've had problems getting. I figured what the hell, why not finance direct through Yamaha and get the bike I've wanted since I was 12. I just brought home an '07 T Dub. With all the trails and such around here, I'm predicting a fun summer. As a bonus, I found out that these bikes have a huge following in Japan, but nothing crosses the pond. However, my Best friend lives in Okinawa. I've already got him on the hunt for some trick parts. I just want to know what you guys would do with a TW200 if you had one to play with. I've got some good ideas, but could always use some fresh ideas.

I'd make it street legal, but otherwise, just ride the piss out of it for a while.

FR
    I've been intrigued by that model, I saw several of them when I went down to Moab. It's got to be one of the best options for the sand and slickrock out there. I don't know about the off-road riding where you are. It's got to be good for some slow single track, but I've never heard of anybody racing one. Should be fun to have though.

FR
    FR

http://sidewaysnortheast.blogspot.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

bcr
    I always liked those bikes, and 3.50 a gal is going to make them look even better. Nippon digs the TW, but the coolest ones are in oz. rock that TW and keep us posted. cheers, bcr
    [img][/img]

Huh. That's pretty cool looking. Headlight, taillight, and a plate! Nice.

that rear tire looks like something you could dunk in a cup o java.
    -parks
    clip-ons or clubmans?
    I\'m not handsome

there is a low miles tw200 that my work just traded for i could get it for $1600. I had thought about it as just something to keep stock and putz around on. Its about the only bike we have in stock that I am actually intested in. Get that tw200 and go anywhere w/ it all day long.

With proper gearing, and as long as you staying off the highways, you could go almost anywhere. What do they have? 16hp? Pipe and tuning might get you 18 if you're lucky. More than enough for around town.

Well, I've been terrorizing the countryside for the last two days. I'm officially a big tire convert now. This thing has traction for days on or off road. It goes forever without having to fill up, and it only takes 1.3 gallons of gas when you do. I've gotten it up to 65, but I need to add at least one tooth to the front sprocket. It's geared for the trail and not much else from the factory. But it is the machine to have out on the trail. If you point it at an obstacle and go for it, it will bomb it's way through. It needs a little more power though. I think I'll start with a K&N, FMF powercore 4 pipe, and play with the jetting. Aesthetically, I'm going to paint it and add a round headlight off of a Japanese bike. I'll eventually go a little more extreme in the looks dept, but just want to ride it this season and not worry about working on it too much.

Sponsored Links