My bike in a mag - Page 2
Close

My bike in a mag

This is a discussion on My bike in a mag within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; congrats dude...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    congrats dude
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

sweet! beautiful bike, i'm gonna go pick up a copy of the magazine

well Go, I'm not going to plunk down for the mag but holding out for a very shy and overly modest seeming Nardi to post up many more pix. You should check out his site, he's done some really cool builds.
    Accidental inventor of the worlds fastest wearing rocker arms and other edible engine parts! Try my yummy blue cheese camshafts!

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

Ok - I want to hear this, what do you have to do to get your MC in a magazine??? Approach them or buzz their office until they give in???? (my pipes are REALLL LOOOUUUUDDD)...

jez kidding..
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

quote:Originally posted by bmartin

Ok - I want to hear this, what do you have to do to get your MC in a magazine??? Approach them or buzz their office until they give in???? (my pipes are REALLL LOOOUUUUDDD)...

jez kidding..
    The easiest way to get your bike in a mag is to do something interesting with it. Most motorcycle mags get tons of features but are starved for riding pieces. That is how my cb750 ended up in jan/feb 2007 issue of M/C.

In the case of the horse, they have feature writers but take a decent amount of reader submissions. There is a specific way you have to approach it but the instructions are on their website.

If you don't want to write it yourself, then you just have to be at an event where someone who writes for the mags is and he or she has to like your bike enough to want to feature it. Sometimes they find it through the internet but that is rare.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

what do you mean do something interesting with it? like deliver pizzas with it or something? or make it stand out by have everything custom on it?
    http://www.slingshotcycles.com
    Stainless braided brake lines and other odds and ends.
    Enter coupon code "caferacer" during checkout for 15% off

I mean:

- take a road trip with it on your fvorite roads
    - set an iron butt record with it
    - ride it to an event like mid-ohio or pebble beach

you know use your bike for some interesting activity and write about it. I did say travel piece immediatly before I said do something interesting.

if you are just going to wait around for somebody to do a feature on your bike you might be waiting a long time. You kind of have to be active about this stuff if you are serious about getting in a zine.

the new ironhorse is strapped for writers and content and they occasionally publish cafe racer features. If all you want is a feature on the bike this is probably your best bet but you will need to know how to write and take pictures.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Which one of these stories would you folks want to read about????

Iron butt ride - I rode one of my bikes from San Diego to Caribou Maine (with one day was a 1,000 mile day).

How to import your own bike from Japan...

How the world speed record on Treasure Island in California was set with the cops in chase and no ticket was issued...

Or I could write about the time a cop almost ran me off the road and I wrote him a ticket with his own ticket book...

Or the time I got pulled over for speeding and the cop pulled a gun on me....

Or the time in the salt flats some ya-hoos put a rattle snake on my bike and took of with my helmet and I when to jump on the bike to chase them down...

So I guess what your saying is - write your own story and submit it for publishing... That could be done..
    Bob - Palmyra NY
    2 - 69 CB750, 1 Turbo
    1 - 71 CB750

I had a good friend write the article and another take the pics. I followed along with the guidelines on the website and just submitted the article. Iron Horse has already contacted me and asked if they could publish my Triton when I get it done. Todd from IH seems to be into cafe bikes so thats probably your best bet.

bmartin,

They would probably be interested in the how to import your bike from japan over at motorcycle classics.

IF you just want a straight up feature +1 on IH. I don't know how far up from NYC you are but I could shoot it and help you with the write up. E-mail me off forum and we'll work something out.
    - Samuel Beckett
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links