Cafe Racer Forum banner

first an ebay thread, now craigslist

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  HackAsaw 
#1 ·
So as to not hijack Unga's ebay thread I'll start a new one: Anybody ever have an ad flagged and removed from craigslist and for the life of you could not figure out why?

I posted an ad for a bike (no, really, I'm not trying to shill) and, though it was the first time I ever put anything up on craigslist I swear it resembled every other bike ad in format and content, yet it was flagged and removed. WTF?

I pored over what I had, compared it again to other ads and just re-posted it. Could it be another guy with a similar bike posted flagged mine in an attempt to eliminate some competition? If so, that's pretty damn grimy.

#2 ·
dude its a free ad listing - you were expecting honorable people there? CL seems to attract the scum of the earth like it was made out of dollar bills. I have made some good scores on there but right now the bad expirences have been outweighing the good.

#6 ·
It's funny how often the legitimate ads get flagged yet all the BS and spam remains.

I would try posting your ad to surrounding area CL's, I have had the same problem and resorted to posting to L.I. and N.J. just to have the ad out there. Anyone in the area REALLY searching to buy will be looking at nearby towns and cities anyway. right?

#7 ·
CL is rapidly becoming a posterboard for promoting weird gatherings, rampaging on people's homes while they are on vacations, selling items even more likely to be stolen than what's on ebay etc.

Hey...it's free.....free stuff always starts out as a good idea...then turns into a government cheese giveaway with the lowest common denominator getting involved.
JohnnyB

#8 ·
yes that is asinine and I cannot phathom why they remove multiple multi-area ads...... dumb really

here's one for you

www.craigshelper.com

I found an even better one recently and forgot to bookmark it!

quote:Originally posted by ROSKO

It's funny how often the legitimate ads get flagged yet all the BS and spam remains.

I would try posting your ad to surrounding area CL's, I have had the same problem and resorted to posting to L.I. and N.J. just to have the ad out there. Anyone in the area REALLY searching to buy will be looking at nearby towns and cities anyway. right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.