Are you using your refund money for a new bike? - Page 2
Close

Are you using your refund money for a new bike?

This is a discussion on Are you using your refund money for a new bike? within the General forums, part of the Caferacer.net Forums category; quote: Originally posted by BANDIT Two kids in University.......what do you think??? Bandit, I am assigning you as an official HERO OF THE DAY from ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    quote:Originally posted by BANDIT

Two kids in University.......what do you think???
    Bandit, I am assigning you as an official HERO OF THE DAY from here in Oakland, CA. Me mom and da helped put me through university, too, and I am grateful.

May your kids reward you someday with a new set of custom stainless exhaust headers upon their graduating into gainful employment!

Me? I owed on my taxes this year, so that takes a dent out of my restoration project, which still proceeds apace:

better is the enemy of good enough.

quote:Originally posted by texmawby

Lee,

I heard you stopped in Revzilla to buy a helmet. Whattya think of the Rev'it! Silica Ladies Leather Jacket (Black-White) they have on display? I know, I know.....it's a shameless plug disguised in a harmless question.

Funny that we have started to travel in the same circles.

Cheers,

Tex
    ahhhh get outta here! haha actually i ordered that jacket today!

but i'm sure you already knew that..

I was going to put mine in my IRA, but they purposely timed it so you wouldn't have it in time for your '07 contribution. Here's something I very recently learned; If you forget to fund your IRA by the cutoff date the only legal remedy is to file an ammended return and lose the deduction.

The whole stimulus package thing has an Orwellian feel about it to me, a tiny monetary handjob to distract the public. I mean six hundred bucks, big deal, my health insurance has gone up more than that this year. My flood insurance has gone up more than that since the federal government got blindsided by Katrina. It's not even like it's a campaign to encourage things that might be beneficial long-term. Like say maybe "Here's some cash, pay down your credit cards", or "Why don't you start a college fund for your kids". It's more like "Go buy some shit you don't need so you can feel good about it for approximately 24 hours".

I'm going to buy a new helmet and gloves with mine. I see a lot of brain damage in the world. In general it doesn't seem to be caused by motorcycle accidents, but a new lid can't hurt none the less. And since I mainly work with my hands and it looks like I may have to work harder in the near future, new gloves seem like a good investment.

How's that for a buzz kill;p

4. Remove Advertisements
    CafeRacer.net
    Advertisements

hey shortshift,

i'd like to learn about fiberglassin' , so if you are making any cool shit (seats, tanks, airplane wings, miniature unicorns) let me know!

hey ratty, i'll take your stimulus package if you don't want it...im all about free handjobs!

finally,

im gonna take my tax money and head straight to walmart, where i'll buy the biggest kiddie pool they have, and like 10 buckets of generic ice cream. it's gonna be a good summer!!!

lee,

yes my crystal ball sees all cb350 activity in the tri-state area.

let me know what you think of your jacket!

[email protected]

cheers,

tex
    advocate for the injured, disabled, and urinated upon.

quote:Originally posted by Ratty-550

The whole stimulus package thing has an Orwellian feel about it to me, a tiny monetary handjob to distract the public. I mean six hundred bucks, big deal, my health insurance has gone up more than that this year. My flood insurance has gone up more than that since the federal government got blindsided by Katrina. It's not even like it's a campaign to encourage things that might be beneficial long-term. Like say maybe "Here's some cash, pay down your credit cards", or "Why don't you start a college fund for your kids". It's more like "Go buy some shit you don't need so you can feel good about it for approximately 24 hours".
    It didn't work the last time they did it I don't know why the government thinks it will work again...

Last time it was called "reganomics" and it came in a different form (a massive tax break instead of free money) but the principle behind both is the same - give people money and hope they use it shortsightedly. It didn't work last time because americans carry too much debt (even in the 1980s) and it won't work this time...but I am not exactly going to turn down free money. Yes they timed it so you miss the cutoff of the IRA but they don't want people doing anything lasting with the money.

That being said I suppose you could have filed early and take the money from your refund to put in your IRA and then used the government "bribe" to replace what you took from your return...that is if you got money back.

the thread just got very depressing.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

the pearl is real nice. im riding today, rain and all.

jc

not a pretty boy honda rider... i\'m fag on a TTR

Anyone else spending their refund on crack? Or am I the only one?
    JohnnyB

quote:Originally posted by jbranson

JohnnyB
    Nope, just hookers this time.

quote:Originally posted by UngaWunga

quote:Originally posted by jbranson

JohnnyB
    Nope, just hookers this time.
    that is still...technically speaking....a form of crack
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
    - Samuel Beckett
    A tool is just an opportunity with a handle
    - Kevin Kelly

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links